Sunday, January 17, 2010

NO COMMENTS ALLOWED.

I don't believe in being a Vegetarian because it's cruel to animals, or so many vegetarians think, because of how animals are killed/slaughtered.

I mean, if there was really a creator to all living things on Earth and she/he made the food chain, then it's the survival of the fittest, right?

Then you should say that herbivores/vegetarians would be cruel to plants too, because they ate a living thing.

It's over-consumption of food or excess food that is wasted, that is being cruel. I mean, imagine you were a cow that lived for say, 5 years then got slaughtered but actually you're left on the shelf because there's too much beef to be bought already. It's past the barbecue season.

So what about the leeks, celery, lettuces and etc that's left on the shelves?
They photosynthesised like hell, converting our stupid carbon dioxide to oxygen for food and then got chopped or dug up by the roots, sprayed on with insecticide/pesticide, got genetically altered to NOT produce seeds (in the case of bananas, cherries and etc) and oops, no one feels like eating bananas this week and a bunch of bananas are left on the shelf to be blackened.

It's the third world countries that don't have enough food and farmers today are controlled by MNCs with expensive seeds and new regulations and equipments to adhere to and buy to keep them in debt by contract.
Don't believe, watch 'Fast Food Nation' or 'Food Inc.'.

It's not the people who eats meat that is cruel. It's the way animals were slaughtered, that is cruel. Maybe you can argue you that being/acting indifferent is an act of cruelty too.
The knowledge you have about the ways animals are slaughtered and you choose to act indifferent might be cruel too. So I guess I'm cruel. And now, you are, too.

People say vegetables provide you with the same kind of nutrients as meat, if you know where to get them. But by nature, we weren't supposed to eat vegetables only. So, won't we be going against nature's will?

The main thing is, I don't believe that eating plants/fruits/vegetables is not a cruel thing too. They're living beings and even though they can't move and they don't seem to suffer pain in our eyes because they don't make any sounds and hence don't appear to be a 'living' thing, it's okay to eat them.

Plants most likely feel pain because when they are yanked out of the ground or get cuts, they release a substance which resembles what our brain releases when we injure ourselves. So vegetarians who believe that eating meat is cruel and eating plants is not, the next time you get a paper cut and etc, think of how the plants feel when they get their roots yanked out from the soil. Or when rubber trees get tapped for their rubber sap with a cut in their trunk.

It's something like pulling your hair out from the roots too. Or getting a surgical incision with a scalpel cutting into your side of your body but you're suffering from anesthetic awareness and is actually awake but unable to move/do anything all this while.

How would you feel?

You might argue that some people go vegetarian because eating meat is a lifestyle of excess and luxury that their religion thinks is not good; unhealthy for the mind.
Okay, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Then if they're arguing for this, then they should just be some weird hermit and live in the mountains in a society that don't believe in the advancements of technology, or even worse, don't use any paper.

Because many trees were chopped down to make your paper that you're using.
Isn't it cruel?
Oh wait, that paper you just threw away because you printed wrongly. Imagine the pain a 100 year old tree or maybe like 5 years for today getting chopped down, for paper. Then imagine your limbs getting chopped off, or you being decapitated.
Isn't it the same? Plants might not have blood to show it, but they feel pain too!

Or you can think about the trees that's been felled to clear away space for YOUR home that you're living in right now. What happened to their home? Or their lives!?

By the way, on Monday, my lecturer was talking about Bio Psych and was saying how we can use evolution to explain what we are today.
But that's if evolution is true, right? And even if it's true, is if our faith/religion allows us to believe in it, right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer of Evolution, just like I don't believe there was a man/women in the sky who made/created us. It's my opinion. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. But not until it's like obviously nonsense, of course. I'm just speaking for those who might not believe in Evolution in my psych class.

Or like in Abnormal Psych textbook they showed this guy in front of a sign that said something about 'Aliens on Earth' and they say it's Schizotypal personality disorder.
It's a personality disorder that primarily involves peculiarities and eccentricities of thought, behavior, appearance and interpersonal style. People with this disorder might have peculiar ideas, such as magical thinking and beliefs in psychic phenomena.

But, what if the person believes it to be true? What if the person really got abducted by an alien?

Maybe you might be thinking I'll be one of those people who will be thrown into a pit of fire or get thrown in to the 18th level of hell when judgment day comes and you'll laughing at me from your 'heaven' because I didn't believe in a God.
So? It's because I don't believe in a so-called higher being for punishing us for not believing in him/her because they created us with imagination and doubt in the first place.

Or in a certain case, in Greek Mythology Pandora was the first woman who was created by the Gods and sent to earth in possession of a 'box'. When the box was opened all manner of evils were released to beset humanity; the only thing left in the box was hope.
Always a women as the scapegoat.
I mean, why forbid her to open it when an all-knowing God should know never to say the words 'never' and 'open' in the same sentence?

You might think why am I so derailed, so stubborn about religion. Well, isn't it because I was born with a brain to question and come to my own conclusions and form my own opinions?

It just takes a simple appearing with full-proof that is a God in the sky that I might believe in him/her. It's that simple. Unless it's aliens who secretly want to take over us and pretend to be a God. Don't say it's a matter of faith and all that bullcrap. Or it's a test.

I was brought up a Buddhist and I started to lose faith in it because, I don't believe our God would want us to burn paper or whatever to pay our respects to them and our ancestors, causing pollution. I mean, if our God wanted us to do that, isn't it like him wanting us to cause pollution?
Which God would want us to do that to Earth?
Think about it, there are billions of Chinese whose faith/tradition tells them to burn joss paper/ incense sticks every year. Think of the amount of pollution.

See? I'm not being biased, I'm even questioning my own religion.

Or which God/or priest/idiot would tell the males that if they become terrorists/suicide bombers for their cause and whatever they'll enter a heaven with countless women/virgins? Since when their God was a pervert?
I mean, couldn't all these people think for themselves? What God would actually, say that?!

It's from the mouths of men. And it's always from the mouths of men, that you should never believe, unless there is full-blood proof.

And I mean, real, full, totally believable proof.