Saturday, January 02, 2010

Let's Go!



My sister told me about the Ancient Egyptians exhibit at NMS and after a few days, Tracy also told me about it too and we're going together.

And yesterday I was playing mahjong with my mom and sisters (Btw I was the big winner at long last) and my sisters started talking about it. I told them they're even exhibiting the canopic jars and my second sister asked, "What's that?"

My tiles nearly dropped over because I was wondering how could she not know what's a canopic jar for/is when she wants to go and is apparently interested in this? In case you're totally clueless about Ancient Egyptology, canopic jars are the jars that stores the dead's organs.

It's almost like an insult to me when people don't know what something is about and they act really interested and pretend to know a lot about it.

Same like Rugby. I hate those girls that just goes down to watch guys playing for the sake of seeing 'hot' guys get dirty or whatever when they don't even know what's a hooker or a dropkick or a H-pole or what considers a 'try' or what's a 'scrum' or who's a 'prop' or 'wing', oh my god.

Maybe people who know almost nuts about Ancient Egyptian myths, gods and religion wants to get an educational tour at the exhibit, I don't know, but it seems to me it's the 'hype' or whatever you call it that they're going for.

By the way, I got my results back and I got an A- for my Forensic Science! Wuhoo!
Finally, after like the previous sem of all Bs and one pathetic D (STUPID STATS MODULE!) without any consoling sign of an A.

I know they said it's an easy module to get A for but give me a break k.

Anyway, my stupid personality psych got a C+! At first I thought it'll be the better module but the day before the exam we realised there's NO MCQ, 80%'s essay questions and 20% is fill in the blanks. I'm thinking my horrible C+ was derived from answering the last question.

"After talking so much about introverts and extroverts, give some ideas to plan for the best conditions for each of these groups in the office environment."

So I answered and because it's the last minute and I could sense the invigilator saying "PUT YOUR 'PANTS' DOWN NOW.", soon, so I quickly scribbled...

"Introverts should get a more private office work area/cubicles and employers should set more group discussions and group work for extroverts. And you can use psychological testing to see which employee is in which group and if you give me more time"

I got cut off because after I wrote 'time', the examiner shouted, "TIME'S UP! STUDENT PLEASE PUT YOUR 'PANTS' DOWN."

Must be because of this then my tutor minus marks!! Tsk. Okay, no putting the blame on them. LOL.

Yes and surprisingly my Cognitive Psych and Abnormal Psych got like a B each. I was thinking Cognitive Psych would be a freaking killer and it was, so I guess it was the first essay question that asked about how the eye and brain sees an object in the distance that I was lucky to have memorised the day before, that saved me.

And the weirdest thing was, the module that I was really interested at first, turned out to be the one I hated most was now my favourite one because my tutor was frankly, really slack about things.

And since I S/Ued Spanish, I got an S, meaning a Pass.

Hmm.

Anyway, I hope the exhibit has my favourite God of Embalming, Anubis.

Happy New Year, by the way :)