Tuesday, January 12, 2010

HOW??! HOW???!

Today was the start of adding and dropping courses, so Dian and I agreed to meet on msn at 330 to prepare for the courses we wanted to add and drop. We were literally (or rather I was) counting down to 4pm, haha!

Finally, my timetable is finalised, and although it's still quite shitty but the courses are better than the ones I applied for previously, I think.

This sem I'm taking 3 psych modules again.
Namely, Biological Psych which I think will be a bore, but my lecturer today seemed really passionate about his research in long-tailed macaques. He kept telling us about it and he said he was a Primatologist that specialises in Evolutionary Psychology or something along those lines. Think he's quite cool.

He has the ultra-neat professor look and he's American, so I'm extremely okay with his accent. No effort needed to decipher what the bloody lecturer is trying to say early in the morning again! Okay in this case, his lecture's at 1130, but since I've been sleeping and waking late since the hols (Sleeping at 6am and waking at 3+pm) it's like going into zombie-mode during class today.

I dropped the Cognitive Development module, which is taught by the same China lecturer that said 'threshold' as 'asshole' and I'm very happy about it. I didn't have a choice choosing that module before because the course manager told me to not choose other modules that don't have vacancies because I missed the time period. Plus, this course has stats and I hate stats. Never could do or manage to understand it. I guess I did understand a bit of it, but I just didn't like the logic of it.

And we added a new Psych module called Human Motivation.

"This course looks at the question of why people are motivated to think and act in the ways that they do. In order to answer this question, we will study human motivation using a combination of various perspectives, such as biological, social, personality, developmental, and cognitive areas of psychology.  The course is discussion and writing intensive and will be conducted in a format that promotes analysis and in-depth review of classical and current motivation research."

This was lifted from the NTU Psych website.
Sounds quite difficult because it sort of vaguely says that there'll be a lot of writing which equates to essays. UGH.

And lastly is my other psych module called "Topic in Applied Psychological Science-Personnel Psychology".

"This course exams the application of psychological principles to assessment, personnel selection, training, performance appraisal, and separation - the complete work cycle.  In doing so, the course builds on basic principles of psychology, research methods, and testing of individual differences.  The topics will be examined from individual, organizational, and cultural aspects.  The goal is for students to understand the fundamentals of the personnel process from both a theoretical perspective and from an applied perspective in an increasingly complex, diverse world."

It sounds quite difficult too because it hints at statistical methods being used. OMG.

Then I got Principle of Econs and Impact of Chemistry on Society.
Think I'll be killed by the Econs one because I know nuts about it. Never taken Econs in JC or read anything or am interested in it at all. Maybe I should look for another course. Hmm.

Dian and I see potential for skipping school on Wednesdays and Thursdays and alternate Fridays, because on Wednesdays and Thursdays we only have like one lecture. But I might to attend Thursdays because it's econs and I don't know anything about it.
Plus, at least I got the same timetable except the Chem slot with her :)

By the way, that day Fatty came over my house and we were discussing if he wanted to rent my Clementi house, because it's nearer to his school.
I'm having some reservations about moving back to the condo at choa chu kang because there's a straight bus to town under my block and Clementi is so convenient and the food is like not bad. Plus got the stupid lan shop at the Cityvibe.

And it'll be damn difficult to go to school. Okay there's a bus that stops outside NTU behind the condo but I have to take another bus that I'm unfamiliar with.

BUT! The cck house will be sooooooooo much cleaner with less seedy people around and the environment is so much better, although there's a new ITE building in construction right in front of it and I can envision all the annoying delinquents (or some of them) hanging around outside the HDB and LRT area. Not forgetting Lot 1.

You might say I'm a snob but I tell you, secretly in your heart if you were in my shoes you'd think that way too. I was from an all-girls primary school and after going into a neighbourhood secondary school I really can't stand all the immature gangster bullshit. All my mom's fault, she refused to let me transfer to some convent school which might have improved my self-esteem.

If you're going to argue that, "Eh Wen Er, but I think your self-esteem VERY high what. Always demean and insult people about their looks and how you can't stand people living in your block doing brainless things!"

You can stuff your own mouth with bread (I won't be providing the bread though) because I'm only stating my opinions and they are really brainless what.
Pee in your own lifts that you'll be using!
IDIOTS RIGHT!?
Nothing better to do.
Except pee in lifts.

My mom's reason was that since I was doing so well academically in that school with all the bullcrap authoritarian thing going on, she wanted me to 'beat' all the neighbourhood people and do well. As a result I had some of the most regrettable experiences in my life and stupid choices I've made there.

But anyway, I did earn a lot of money from doing well in school exams from the government and I did make some of my closest and best friends there today so I guess it's a no net gain thing. Minus the bad memories. The best friends part is erm, something I'm really really glad of.


My dad was saying how he wants to move back to Palm Gardens but didn't want to because he didn't want my sister and I to hide in our rooms the whole day and not talk to each other again.

Please, the problem existed even before he stopped working and I was very happy that way and so was she what. And I really want my privacy back!!

It's really annoying when they hide my Ernie all the time and Ernie is not liking it one bit.

By the way, that day that stupid Fatty went to hit Ernie's head against a dirty fan and there was dust on Ernie's hair! A LOT OF IT! So irritating right! I swear to whatever entity there is out there that I'll make him suffer for this for the rest of his lard-filled life!!!!!!!!!

By that I mean tormenting him with Ernie.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!