Monday, November 30, 2009

2 More Days!

I'm done with 3 papers and the worst of it, is over. Which was today's paper on Cognitive Psych. I was very clueless for most of the MCQs and True/False questions. I can literally count the number of questions I am sure I'll get correct on my ten fingers. Can you imagine 50% of the paper is on 70 Mcq and t/f questions!?

And the essays which I thought would be a killer ended up as my potential savior.

Please Patterson! I shall pledge my undying love for you if you let me pass, at least a C k!!!! ('O')

There was one question on Gambler's fallacy and I even wrote a bit of nonsense about how gamblers would think their next throw would be a sure-win or blessed by lady luck and better yet, with God's help.

The gambler's fallacy, also known as the Monte Carlo fallacy or the fallacy of the maturity of chances, is the belief that if deviations from expected behaviour are observed in repeated independent trials of some random process then these deviations are likely to be evened out by opposite deviations in the future.
For example, if a fair coin is tossed repeatedly and tails comes up a larger number of times than is expected, a gambler may incorrectly believe that this means that heads is more likely in future tosses. Such an expectation could be mistakenly referred to as being due.

I really wrote all that you know! I even drew the slot machines found in Casinos trying to depict how Casinos trick gamblers with potential wins. I hope he award me marks for my artistic abilities. Ya right.

Okay, so tomorrow's Spanish paper and Wednesday's Personality Psych, which I totally gave up on the textbook. Too many things to read. Kind of regretting buying the textbook, so expensive!
So as my punishment I shall read it as a past time during the holidays.

Or for the next few years.