The party went well yesterday!
Even though most of my friends didn't know each other, I guess it went quite okay :))
I have to thank Dian for coming early and helping out with the balloon-blowing and everything.
Although my sister said it looked quite pathetic, LOL. Like only 7 or 6 balloons hang on a string on the wall.
And the string was from the cake box. Damn cheapo right. My mom had the brilliant idea to tie the balloons up. I was just thinking of letting the balloons float around the floor.
Dian and I were blowing the balloons til' our faces turned a bit blue. I think my mouth cavity increased like 2 times because of the pressure. Don't know why the balloons were so not stretchy. I swear we already tried to pull and stretch it before blowing.
And although certain parts of the evening I felt quite flustered, frustrated and panicky, the whole thing managed to turn out quite smoothly.
I mean, those who said they'd turn up did come, and I don't know if they were giving me face or what because when I asked them about the food, they commented that the food was good, so I guess the $600+ my mom spent on everything was worth it.
I didn't even know it was so much. When I woke up this morning with extremely dry skin due to the vodka Matthew, Tracy and Jaime and I finished the previous night, my mom sort of commented on the amount she spent.
After I heard the "$600+ leh!" my skin suddenly wasn't dry anymore.
I felt very guilty. Luckily I didn't order the stupid $130 Ernie cake.
Anyway, after the dinner/buffet we went down for bowling. My eldest sister only got like 2 points after 3 turns! Its damn funny! HAHA.
My dad suddenly came down to ask me about the drinks I left in the function room, whether I'd want them to bring it back a not.
I didn't really know if my father was talking about the Sprite and Green Tea bottled drinks or the 3 Absolut Vodka bottles so I gave him a sort of vague answer to leave it there.
My parents haven't heard of me drinking with friends before, except at dinners last time when my uncle kept pouring me red wine, haha. And especially that they haven't caught me having a hangover or alcohol on my breath so naturally I felt quite suspicious at his question. They don't even know I drink.
Before that my mom asked me what was in the bag and I said it was alcohol and I swear her eyes bulged out.
"YOU BETTER BE CAREFUL YOU KNOW! LATER YOU GET DRUNK...3 BOTTLES SOME MORE!"
Blah blah blah. How guys will take advantage of you when you get drunk or like maybe you jump into the pool and drown or something.
Most of my friends left early to catch the last bus or train, but Matthew, Tracy and Jaime stayed behind to finish the more than half filled bottle of vodka. We got like warnings from the guards like 2 times that we were making too much noise at the poolside.
Anyway, more photos on the presents tomorrow!!! :D
I feel really bad. I mean the gifts most of my friends bought me seems to be quite expensive. Especially the red packets I received from Tracy's and Matt's family. I nearly died when I opened the packet. I seriously had to sniff Ernie for a while to calm myself down because I felt damn guilty.
I should give their family a call.
I think its because I'm a person who doesn't receive gifts very often. Even during birthdays. I think it's cause I try to not do anything that will mention any hint of my birthday so people won't remember it. Or have a huge gathering to celebrate my birthday. I even tried to switch the dates, HAHA. 10th September.
But after an incident I decided not to anymore. LOL. Quite stupid.
So I think you should know organising this party was a huge step for me.
Plus I've got a bit of social phobia so having so many people and friends in one place and having to interact with so many of them and knowing that in their mind, they're here because it's my birthday, is extremely scary for me.
I don't get how some people can do this every year.
On another note, I'm going to stop putting in the effort to help. Anymore. It's highly frustrating to realise how much you try to help or give chances to your friends but it's like me talking to Ernie, an obsessed human talking to an inanimate object/toy in the hopes that it's really alive.
It's another enlightening thing to see how practical some people can be and yet, in some areas of life, they're totally not practical at all.
It's a lucky thing my self-preservation mechanism kicked in early and decided relationships aren't everything + most men cannot be trusted + stop trying when you keep getting ignored + advice falling on deaf ears + being a bit misunderstood + stop thinking about what a troubled situation you are in now and see that in the future you are totally fine without him/her/the problem/crisis.
And just give up and stop making the effort.
I try to be a fair person.
