I typed and sent this email a few minutes ago to the Mediacorp website.
STOP SHOWING US THE SAME SHOWS!
Hello, I'm typing this email to PLEAD with you to PLEASE stop showing us 'Extreme Ops' or 'Unleashed' or 'Too Fast Too Furious' or 'Van Helsing' for like umpteen times.
Actually, I can safely say I've at least caught these shows showing on Channel 5 being repeated.
Examples?
Extreme Ops, at least 4 times in this year, or maybe plus the last half a year.
Unleashed, at least 3 times too.
Too Fast Too Furious? At least 3 times this year!
Van Helsing? I can at least remember it being shown 2 times!
It can't be that you guys don't have enough money/budget from earning our S$110 per year (and that's only one household) to buy new movies or rights to broadcast it or whatever you call it, in Singapore right?
It's damn annoying that my brain will subconsciously memorise the trailers you show on TV for the shows, it just means how many times you've been showing it on TV! Or Channel 5! Oh, maybe you'll say, "If you're so fed up, then why not you go and get cable?"
It's NOT about getting cable, it's about you guys showing us the same shows again and again, and sometimes on different days and getting caught by people like me!
And the sad thing is, I don't even watch that much TV! I turn on the TV to watch the news or when others are watching it and I see the advertisements and I see the shows again! And that leads me to channel surf. I mean, if you don't want your viewers to channel surf and not see what the companies pay you to advertise their products during the commercial breaks then you should at least show us new things to make us stay on the same channel right.
I admit, Channel News Asia and Okto (Animal Night and those documentary nights) are really quite good, but!
Please stop making me feel so pissed off when I turn it back on to Channel 5 and realise that I've watched this show before. And when the commentator or whatever you call it on TV starts going on about new blockbusters being shown on TV or what mega Monday movies or box office showcase or whatever and I see this same movie that you've shown before and I'm like WHAT THE HELL!?
The grossest thing is, the 'Extreme Ops' you keep showing and I see different parts of the show being shown and oh my god. Guess what? From the past 4 times that I've watched the show (each time about 5 mins or less before I switch the channel), I even know what the whole movie is about!
JUST STOP IT! If you guys want to keep replaying shows then at least don't get caught. Seriously.
I really hope you do something about it. Thanks.
David Chip
Actually, I can safely say I've at least caught these shows showing on Channel 5 being repeated.
Examples?
Extreme Ops, at least 4 times in this year, or maybe plus the last half a year.
Unleashed, at least 3 times too.
Too Fast Too Furious? At least 3 times this year!
Van Helsing? I can at least remember it being shown 2 times!
It can't be that you guys don't have enough money/budget from earning our S$110 per year (and that's only one household) to buy new movies or rights to broadcast it or whatever you call it, in Singapore right?
It's damn annoying that my brain will subconsciously memorise the trailers you show on TV for the shows, it just means how many times you've been showing it on TV! Or Channel 5! Oh, maybe you'll say, "If you're so fed up, then why not you go and get cable?"
It's NOT about getting cable, it's about you guys showing us the same shows again and again, and sometimes on different days and getting caught by people like me!
And the sad thing is, I don't even watch that much TV! I turn on the TV to watch the news or when others are watching it and I see the advertisements and I see the shows again! And that leads me to channel surf. I mean, if you don't want your viewers to channel surf and not see what the companies pay you to advertise their products during the commercial breaks then you should at least show us new things to make us stay on the same channel right.
I admit, Channel News Asia and Okto (Animal Night and those documentary nights) are really quite good, but!
Please stop making me feel so pissed off when I turn it back on to Channel 5 and realise that I've watched this show before. And when the commentator or whatever you call it on TV starts going on about new blockbusters being shown on TV or what mega Monday movies or box office showcase or whatever and I see this same movie that you've shown before and I'm like WHAT THE HELL!?
The grossest thing is, the 'Extreme Ops' you keep showing and I see different parts of the show being shown and oh my god. Guess what? From the past 4 times that I've watched the show (each time about 5 mins or less before I switch the channel), I even know what the whole movie is about!
JUST STOP IT! If you guys want to keep replaying shows then at least don't get caught. Seriously.
I really hope you do something about it. Thanks.
David Chip
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And they replied me within a minute with a automatic reply...
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your email. Your feedback is important to us and we are looking into your request/suggestion.
Have a nice day
Yours sincerely,
MediaCorp TV Feedback Unit.