Monday, October 05, 2009

Tango.

I am very sad to announce that my one free day a week is now non-existent. Now my timetable has changed to alternate weeks of 5 days of lessons and 3 days of lessons. WTH. And I realise I've got a lot of catching up to do. Ugh.

So I think during my free days I MUST read like at least 2 chapters a day. DIE.

I've just read the Abnormal Psych notes for tomorrow's quiz. I really don't know how my lecturer will finish up with the lecture tomorrow. 133 slides. Crazy. CRAZY! And so much info. I read until my eyesight a bit blurry now.

By the way, I was reading the notes right and there's one disorder that totally states the kind of symptoms the weird guy called TONY (code name: Tango) is showing.

HE'S SHOWING ALL THE SYMPTOMS/REQUIREMENTS.

Let me state them down for you..

• Lack of self confidence
• Excessive reliance on others: “clingy”
• Intense need to be cared for
• Uncomfortable when alone
• Feels helpless to care for self
• Behavior focused on maintaining relationships
• Quickly initiates new relationship if current one fails.

Well, Dian and I, plus the rest of our course mates should know about Tango being extremely clingy and how he initiates new relations if the current one fails, because we've heard he's been drifting to different cliques from Year 1 Sem 1.

And how about when he had a so-called 'crisis' he manically kept calling Dian and I just to ask us to help him when we're not close to him. AT ALL.

His behavior on 'maintaining' relationships = desperately calling/asking us to help him save a seat for him on Monday's lecture like 20 times on the 1st weekend alone that we knew him.


Maybe what Eng Chiew said was right, we should consider bringing him to a psychiatrist. Hmm.


I'm praying he's not going to torment us by trying to sit with us during lecture tomorrow. PLEASE!!!!!


On another note, I went to IMH for the visit on Friday.

We were welcomed with a shit-smell at the front porch which I think came from this old man sitting in a wheelchair near us. It's quite sad. But for a moment I was worried I stepped on some dog shit when I came in or something.

Sadly, we didn't get to actually see the criminally insane (I think they're in Prison.) or any of those extreme cases, I mean, I promise I'll keep quiet and not scream.
The only highlight of the tour was the IMH Museum where we saw the old tools for tor-, I mean surgery, and the old records, back from 1941 or even earlier.


And I was damn pissed off with this girl because when the Finance Director or whoever was prepping us on stuff before leaving for the tour, I realised my fingers were very sticky from the tuna sandwiches I hoarded because no 1, they were free and no 2, they were quite good, albeit they gave me a fishy breath.


So I walked behind to take a piece of serviette and this girl who normally had a face which I would think is damn annoying already started staring and glaring at me. At first I didn't get it, like why the hell are you staring right, or maybe its just me.


Anyway, we wanted to refill the cup of Orange Squash and the girl said quite impatiently and extremely rudely, "Can you please hurry up and join the group?"


Hello. The group just left and it's not like we'd get lost that easily.
I felt like just saying, "Only if you ask us nicely." and I was seriously thinking of saying that but I was thinking like I might get Dian into trouble or something. And I didn't really want to ruin the trip already, even more than before. It was quite boring, actually.


Feel like punching her.

A part of me kind of regretted spending the stupid $2 to join the psych society just to go for this trip and having to wake up like damn early on Friday to go IMH but the other consoling part tells myself that it's like a once in a lifetime thing. I mean just go and visit once right.


Anyway, after the trip Dian and I went to Ikea! Omg, Swedish Meatballs and Chicken Wings. Shiok.


And we loved the furniture! It was really fun :)


No Tango tomorrow please.