We had a new classmate today in Spanish class. He's Swedish.
He looks not bad and has really clear blue eyes. Why can't we Asians have different coloured irises like the Caucasians?! Tsk.
And I was just thinking about Alexander Skarsgard because he's from Sweden too when my Spanish teacher called out my name(She's taking attendance).
"WANGER?"
Omg. From the corner of my eyes I saw the new guy look up quickly and stared at me for like a few seconds.
WANGER.
Wth, didn't she call me WHENER last week?!
It's quite embarrassing and even Dian noticed him giving the 'why-the-hell-is-this-girl-named-WANGER' look.
I think you should know I'm going to start on a minor 'I-hate-people-calling-my-name-wrongly' blog post.
I mean, I didn't mind when my previous Spanish tutor pronounced my name as WHEN-ER. I understand that a lot of Westerners can't pronounce Chinese names. I guess thats as close as they can get to Wen Er.
But Wanger. And in front of the new guy.
I don't even really mind when people make fun of my name and pronounce it as Weener. At least it still 'looks' correct, because I'm used to writing my name stuck together. As in Wener. So WE-NER is still okay with me, although I know it's not a good thing when people call you that.
BUT. I especially hate it when people call my name as WAN-ER.
Oh my god. WAN and WEN is freaking different please. Either you're dyslexic or you just can't be bothered or you're just freaking stupid but can't you just say WEN.
WEN!
Not WAN! Even Fatty says WENG. NOT WANG.
Anyway, two different people mistook me as an Indonesian today. 2 people! And just the other day this classmate of mine asked if I'm from Singapore. What!? Do I look very foreign to you!!!
Anything but say that I'm from China k. Because I'm about as Chinese as the average Singaporean. Blood relations, I mean.
Far removed.
Distant ancestors.
Extremely diluted blood from China.
Okay!? Okay!!?
And you better not comment that I should be proud of my roots.