Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mond's Lament.

I was looking through my yearbook photos and albums, from primary school to jc.

It was like an hour of fast-forward through the last 10 years of my life. I suddenly remembered some people from my primary school that I've totally forgot about. The sad thing is, I don't see many of them today, whether in my jc life or in uni. I wonder where they've all gone to.

Then I got to the secondary school photos. Oh no. The hair. The depressing years, the people I'd really like to forget, well, most of them. In a sense, I've grown from the experiences from my secondary school years but at the same time, I really would like to forget them.
It like all teenagers at that point of time only think on extreme poles. There are no in betweens.

Moving on the the 2005 jc photos.

My 1st J1 photos. I like to emphasise it to people. Actually, not that I like to, but it requires emphasis. I mean like, I've had 2 J1 years right, so people from my 1st J1 year might not know which J1 year the story I might be telling. Er okay, anyway.

What I remember most about 2005 is hot how it was most of the time. How new it all was. The big transition (to me) from my secondary school to pj. It was time to mature quickly and in doing so, I think I did it quite awkwardly. It's no wonder when I look to the people around me, especially the seniors, I feel insecure and unsure.
I mean, it was much bigger because it was a whole new and different social circle, kind of people. More..matured? Educated? Alright, no discriminating.

But it's true. Secondary school was like petty gang fights, I don't friend you, you don't friend me, uber china, mixed in with a lot of malay coarse language, immatured bad decisions all together.

The orientation in 2005 was like an eye opener. Not only got better quality and bigger quantity (even so minimal) but a lot more freedom. Handphones were so called 'allowed'. Shorter skirts, bigger shirts, etc etc. I mean, adolescent kids all locked away in a corner of CCK, what better kind of heaven can it be?

I got to make friends with Yeti when we were in a horrible class (except for Ain and Yeti and a few others) that refused to even say hi to me after I retained (not that I mind). I got poked by Ms Chew and her metal teaching pointer stick, most probably because she was angry with me for failing my promo maths paper.

I got cheated on by asshole Shawn and still face to see him often in NTU now, eews. Although I like to give him my TURN-AWAY-IMMEDIATELY look and he'll faster look away and tell people that I'M SCARY.

And and and, Sally, Sally, eyecandy.

Mmm mmm.

Never a boring day when you see a bouncing ponytail in the canteen, or on the stage dancing.

2006 was the good year for academics. Did well, played rugby, met Fatty and Meiyi. Had a lot of breaks because we took Chinese A levels the previous year already, plus PW. A lot of drama from the rugby team though. I guess a lot of them feel that I was a bad captain, too strict, unfair and I don't know. I don't want to defend my reasons and actions.
I remember going to talk with Yeti and Tracy when they were mugging or were trying to for their As.

The whole year felt like a been there, done that, kind of thing. Everything was boring.

Next came 2007, the best school year in my life. I became closer to Fatty and even finding out our story, got depressed over Desmond and erm, concentrated on other things. Loved Mr Tan (art teacher!!!!) even more, slept in Mr A's lesson all the time, GP was the best. Hiding Fatty's shoes, taking videos of him sleeping, singing Phantom of the Opera/Loving You songs and dueling with Walter (Harry Potter style), played contact rugby, catch fish, got closer with the team, bad hair days got cured (most of the time). Cheating the photocopy machine to print my notes for free (no telling the aunty that!).

Playing so much in the J2 year really made me love PJ. I guess I've always liked it there. They didn't have the disgusting Mr Chui/Steven Koh kind of oppression/authoritarian kind of feel. I guess I have to thank Fatty, and Walter. I thought I'd be damn depressed and lonely when Meiyi left.

Every J2 was in the struggle towards A levels together. The stress, the competition, the heavy duty mugging. Everything was all or nothing.

And now. Uni life, to me is really very boring. Maybe because I'm not staying in hall or I haven't participated in any cca. But I mean, you don't see the same people everyday in school like in jc. Although the Caucasian party of eyecandy here is erm, very very good, but still, I think it's quite a lonely life if you don't stay in hall or join any cca.
Actually, to analyse everything I'm getting at, is that I miss the fun and outgoing kind of life in J2.