Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Shows!


I've been watching this HBO mini series about WWII called 'The Pacific'.

It's about the US Marines then going into war, to this place in the Pacific (where Japan at that time were in control of the biggest 'empire' of in the history of mankind) called Guadacanal Island. 
They were only told that the Japs were building an air field there and once finished, it would effectively cut off all communication between US and Australia.

These Marines were sent in with old weapons, not enough ammo and were outnumbered by the Japanese on the island.

On their first night there, they were treated to a night-time bombing show between the Japs and the US battleships in the sea (they were camping on the shore). They thought the US was winning but the next morning they found all signs of US battleships gone!
They had to retreat because the Japanese were too strong.

The story goes on like that and it's very interesting to see how different the Marines were in the old days and now, but nothing much has changed.

The US Army always has the newer weapons and equipments but Marines always have to 'make do'.
But the difference is the more 'macho-ness' exhibited in modern times. 
They're more tough, physically and mentally (because of violent video games this generation has grown up with and of culture and etc) and of course, the US was not ready for war when they first entered it, at all.


This is a shot taken when they were just about to reach the Guadacanal Island shore on a small barge-thing.

So much more 'skinny' looking then the modern marines. Haha.

So my sister asked me if I wanted to buy The Pacific book.


And I bought it! Buy the book now got free lanyard or folder (my sister chose the folder for me - it's made of cardboard with geographical contour patterns all over it like a map), and it costs about S$35.

I shall read it and tell y'all more about it.

Hopefully it's as good, or maybe better than Gen Kill. Although I think Gen Kill is better.


Plus, after watching this Korean show called 'Exploration of the Human Body' that Dian introduced to me, I really want to try laughing gas! They say it's safe now and it's not addictive, so I really want to try!
And the show is really funny.


They were wearing ballerina tights to show how 'spotting' can prevent you from feeling dizzy after being spun around like 30 times. And they're not afraid to make fun of themselves!! They were dancing to this Wonder Girl song called 'Tell Me'. Impromptu. HAHA!
My sister wasn't feeling well yesterday and slept very early but I stayed up to watch the show and I kept laughing!
HAHAHAHA!


Dian and I like the last guy on the left (Kibum) and the third guy from the right (Shiwon)! Not very clear here but they look not bad, actually.


Shiwon! <3
Tan Wen Er, stop being into Korean man. Tsk.


His reaction when he ate the Habanero (Mexican Pepper - World's 2nd most hot chilli) and he can't take spicy food! 
Omg the eyebrows damn funny! He looked like he had an internal explosion, haha. So anime, the eyebrows. Like use marker to draw strokes. HA!

I also like this funny but always act serious guy called Yesung and this fat guy called Shin Dong really reminds me of Fatty! 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.


Not so clear here. A fairer version of Fatty.

Hi Fatty/Boomer!

Kibum showing how he can cry within seconds. The topic was on where are tears formed. 


This is a challenge to see if mouth to mouth passing of air can save a person underwater! So these Korean men who are known to have huge egos and pride had to 'kiss' one another, multiple times to pass air! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Somehow I find this gayness a bit hot. LOL.