Friday, March 26, 2010

NO COMMENTS.

I'm feeling extremely bored with tonnes of homework to do but I can't put myself to start doing it.
I'm so sick of a few of my modules. Tsk.

So that day on Channel 5 they were showing about asking people to celebrate Woman's Day because we're not only mothers, but daughters, housewives, breadwinners, etc etc...(Okay not in my case yet but you know) and my sister's husband was commenting like how about men.
Why isn't there a day to celebrate the achievements of men?

Well, it is true that woman have to juggle loads more than men.
And if you try and argue that men have more pressure in life and etc, please stop and think, did you ever have to worry about not bringing sanitary pads in your bag when your period comes?

Or when you reach puberty and your siblings/boys in school laughed at you because your breasts are showing?

Or worry like mad about maybe last month you had sex with your boyfriend and you've missed your period by a few weeks and you're totally not ready to start a family? (You can say that they could have used a condom but whatever, unplanned pregnancies usually ruins a woman's life more than a man's.)

Or whether your husband will get turned off by your stretch marks after giving birth or during that 9 months of pregnancy have the urge to cheat?

Don't give me the bullcrap that women worry too much.
We only worry so much because the men in their lives give them so many reasons to.

Or, how about you consider that for the past freaking don't know how many centuries the female gender has been persecuted for being vixens/witches and being 'dirty'(during her menstrual period), got our feet bound until it rot (in the case of China), got put rings around the neck because culturally it looks beautiful, or have to endure wearing those clothes that covers every part of the body except the eyes when you live in a desert/hot country (in the case of certain muslims), which maybe they're willing to, because they were brainwashed that it's 'right' for women to do so since young, or got burned in some Arabic towns because their sleeves accidentally revealed the skin on their wrists, or let stupid men have harems of wives and mistresses and make you feel like second class citizens, which they're mostly considered as!

The list goes on.

Don't even start saying that some countries are still very traditional and it's only because I'm born in a more 'liberal' country where women have more rights now that I think this way.

If it weren't for people(especially women) who argue for their own gender like I am now, I'd still be a second or third wife or maybe if I'm lucky, a first wife with feet bound like a 'golden lily' that kills me when I try to walk.
I can't even try to escape because it hurts! 
(It's one of the conspiracies which I believe why Chinese men made up the idea of binding women's feet, so they can't escape from serving their husbands and have to face 3/more other wives and chalk it up to looking more 'beautiful' and fragile to boost their bloody ego at being the 'Protector' in the household.)

And I especially cannot stand it when sometimes men start arguing how unfair it is when women usually win those sexual harassment cases when they're like honey traps in the first place or whatever, to get the money that they win in the case after the lawsuit against the 'innocent' guy.

Really, suck it up and be a man.

Sure, it's just your luck if you got into this kind of trouble, even when you really didn't harass her in the first place, but HELLO!

It's just losing money. And maybe a few jobs because it's reflected in your criminal record and etc, but what about the thousands of times women had to endure from men harassing women!! Or the hardships men put us all through throughout these few millenia?!

So I was reading the NTU Tribune or whatever it's called and it was on a story about some Malaysian Chinese guy who is sentenced to death because he was found with 47g (I think) of Heroin that was wrapped nicely like a present to be sent to his boss.

Okay, I know it's a strong deterrence for drug traffickers with this strict law, but sometimes I really wished that Singapore would focus more strict laws on other important things.
 
Let's talk about kidnapping. I know kidnappers get the death penalty, and they probably started this law because they wanted to deter people from kidnapping some Minister's son or daughter (so hurray for the common folk too) but what about the rapists!!!?

The assholes that ruined a woman, psychologically and emotionally and sometimes physically for the rest of her (and maybe sometimes his) life!

The most is like 24 years or whatever. And caning.

That's not a strong enough deterrence!

Dian and I suggest castration!
 
Not even the chemical castration k. That's too bloody lenient.
To part these bastards of the very tool they used with their torture towards innocent women. And no arguing that sometimes they might have deserved it because they dressed skimpily or went home late, no one deserves such humiliating treatment.

See whether still got idiots want to attempt raping in Singapore!
Better yet, instill this law to every freaking country!

The idea men get when they want to attempt raping will surely be deterred!

And! That day I saw on the news that 3 women were caned for committing adultery and had children outside marriage in Malaysia! 
Okay, maybe they were wrong to do so but I tried googling 'punishment for men who commit adultery in Malaysia' and I came up with nothing.

Maybe it's a Muslim law or whatever, but hello!
WHERE'S THE BLOODY JUSTICE!?

Doesn't it sound the least bit warped to you? This law?
Is it me or does it feel like there's double standards?
I just feel that women in such countries should rise up and let their voices be heard.

It's damn irritating. Women who don't get appreciated for what they've sacrificed for men. 

And not that I have anything against my sister's husband, but on another night when we had dinner and we were talking about gross habits and my sister's husband was commenting about my sister sometimes leaving her used pad in the toilet (which I presumed would be wrapped up already).

That got me slightly defensive, I mean, what about all the other times that most men 'forget' to put down the toilet seat? Hello, there's a woman in the house!!!! Like your wife or mother?!
Why can't all men be as considerate as Bruce Almighty is!

You can argue that forgetting to put down the toilet seat is much more hygienic than leaving your pad in the toilet (with the dried blood).

You're wrong.

Ever thought of all the nasty early morning still-too-sleepy-to-aim-properly moments?

How about the next time your wife or you yourself when you forget to put down the toilet seat(and this might have happened to you too) and you sat right down on the bowl without the seat on with all the dried up pee stains and disgusting bacteria!?

Or like my father who God knows why (if there's one), bathes with the freaking toilet door open with clear view for the next block neighbours and my poor niece Hele and sometimes me (the horror!), to see his brown and furry glory!?
 
YUCKS!

I'm not saying women do no wrong, but when you put all the arguments together, I really reckon that men should learn to appreciate women more.
And in all my arguments in this post about 'you', is not really pointing at the reader, but maybe men in general who are guilty for all these things.

And Fatty wonders why I like women too.

Maybe it's because sometimes women need a break from all these extra male disgusting habits.