Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Human Jerky.

I was just reading my Impact of Chemistry on the Environment notes and they were saying about how the ice in the Arctic has been declining at a rate of 9% each year and this ice helps to reflect this light, back to space. (DAMN SCARY)

Which of course, unless you're an idiot or don't believe in Global Warming due to the Greenhouse Effect (but that's about gases) or refuse to believe anything about science, you would know that too much of sunlight is harmful.

Eg. Excessive exposure to UV rays causes eye cataracts and skin cancer, etc etc.

So I'm thinking, since Singapore is so densely populated (with Clementi being one of the most densely populated areas!), and high-rise flats are all over Singapore and under HBD = under the government, can they place like white paper/alumnium sheets or whatever on top of all the flats to reflect off light?
I know they're already proposing to put solar panels on top of the HDBs, which I fully support!
But it's just a suggestion.

AND!

It's also because I'm literally sitting on my study table chair perspiring like some mad pig while fanning myself with a free Mos Burger fan I koped last time and feeling angry about stupid politicians doing almost nothing conducive for Global Warming and typing this! 
I don't know if you realise this, but these few days, Singapore is like sweltering hot!
Even when you're not doing anything and sitting on the couch watching tv you're perspiring!

Seriously! That's how hot it is!

You know what?

I have another very good suggestion.

The next time some politician in the US or whatever/whoever still denies that CO2 is a in/direct cause for Global Warming as it is a Greenhouse Gas, or try to laugh off Global Warming as some conspiracy cocked up by their political rivals. 
Seriously.
Put them in Singapore and make them live here for one year.
See what they get.
One whole year of hot and humidity without any cooling resemblance of a comforting winter (unless back in their home country they're already experiencing freakish winter conditions).

Okay I know most of them deny it because wealthy companies back their political campaigns and these companies are the stubborn ones who refuse to lose money to change to eco-friendly methods.

But whatever.

And the past month I've been watching the news and seeing how some places like Turkey and North China facing crazy winter conditions and places like Indonesia and India and South China is facing like HOT HOT HOT conditions. 
Adding in all the hurricanes, landslides, earthquakes, etc etc, you can really feel that the world is ending.

We might not even last until 2012.
I'd be a baked Homo Sapien by then.