Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Karma


Omg. Karma has finally caught up with me.

For all these years of badmouthing all the China people and how horrible my childhood trip there was, I finally HAVE to go there.

Remember I told you about my parents going there for a trip?

So yesterday my dad wasn't feeling well, it got very serious and we sent him to the A&E. I was very shocked and worried, trying hard not to tear, and frankly a bit embarrassed. All along I've been brushing aside his complaints and everything and now..

I'm not trying to defend myself but he has always been complaining about phantom pains and aches that the doctors and my family can't detect. And he has complained about the littlest of things, making us feel he can't really take pain. So when this time it's his ear, I don't know, I just didn't really care about it. It's my fault, I know.

During my exam week when he was fetching me to school he complained about his ear being blocked and all that, I was just thinking like why he got so many problems and I felt quite irritated. I'm very ashamed of myself for feeling that way and being so selfish.

Anyway, this morning I was dreaming about this fat girl and me running away from some old janitor auntie when my dad was gently shaking me awake. It took very long for me to open my eyes. The thing is, he asked if I could go to the China trip in his place, if not we have to forfeit like 75% of the tour money, which is like $1800++.
I vehemently said no and turned over and tried to go back to sleep.

That's how much I hate going China.

Then after a while he came back and tried to ask me again. I was damn irritated and stormed into the kitchen and my mom was telling me to wake up and get dressed because I have to go renew my passport and rush down to the travel agency to make changes, this and that.

At that time, honestly I was thinking and behaving like some whiny teenager.
I mean, I don't mean to be ungrateful, I'm sure my dad is feeling very sad he can't go, I'm worried about my dad being home alone when my sister is out at work, I'm kind of being forced against my will to go and my sister can't go because she can't take leave now...so...ya, no choice right.

I'm still not looking forward to the trip but ugh.
Next week I got to go back to the immigration place to collect my new passport. SO TROUBLESOME! Tsk. But better do it now than later, I guess.

Tan Wen Er, quit whining. You might be thinking that other people want to go overseas also don't have the money or don't have the chance. But, you give me free all expense trip to China I also don't want okay. I really hate the place. Very bad memories.

I'll be gone from 12th to 19th May.

7 whole days of torture.

7 whole days of China.

And I swore never to set foot in that country again.

On a whole different matter, I went Cotton On just now and due to some reasons that I better not divulge here...I had to do some quick shopping. I found this maroon striped shirt that was on sale at $20! It's written on the price tag. After trying on the size, I ran to the counter to make the purchase and the cashier was saying something about sale items not refundable and stuff and she ended it with, "So that'd be $15 please."

My eyes lit up like a 100 megawatt bulb in a dark room and I managed to keep my mouth closed.

OMG! Is it me or did the woman charge me wrongly?
Maybe there's a further discount??
Or or?? She remembered the price wrongly??? :))))))))))))