Monday, June 20, 2005

The battle between the human and the cockroaches

Yesterday, after signing out of msn and going into the kitchen to get a cup of water, I saw two cockroaches! I stood very still. One of them was on the floor and the other was hanging on to the side of the cupboard. The one on the floor had some web thing stuck at it's legs. Anyway, I stood there for veryyyyyyyyyy long. Finally, I gathered the courage to open the cabinet and got my pest-buster weapon. BAYGON.
I began spraying at the half-dead one, which was on the floor, but diffusion and air velocity caused some of the spray to hit the other one on the cabinet too. Opps, and the thing spreaded its wings and tried to fly. Oh shit, so scary! I screamed loh, can you imagine, a girl in the middle of the night(3+am), screaming with the eyes closed and leaping back and forth, trying to get a hit on the flying roach!?
Anyway, the live one dropped to the floor, scampered about and ran under the cabinet. I tried spraying somemore until the kitchen was gased. Wuhoo, and it was a wonder no one woke up with the noise I was making loh. Cursing and screaming and spraying! ("SHIT!!! AHH!! DIE!!!!" spppttt!!!-sound of spraying)
Anyway, gave up after a while, only managed to get one, the other one ran away loh. How annoying.
The worst thing is, this afternoon after doing my chores I went to take a bath, so bloody hot and sweaty lah. Then came out, was drying my hair when something whizzed past me. I saw this HUGE housefly on my mother's bed. Oh shit loh, whats wrong with my house, these few days its ants and roaches and flies and humans living together harmoniously under one roof. Except for the human trying to whack at the pests part.
I mean, normally its not this way okay. I think my house is infested lah. Anyway, I grabbed anything which was right in front of me, which is the bloody big comb, and stalked the fly. Slowly, I got nearer and nearer, then WHAM!!! And the shit fly bounced up and landed on the floor, igniting a scream from me. Yes, I was shocked when the fly jumped, or so called bounced. It was on the bed loh!
Then I took some tissue paper and got hold of the fly and threw it away lah. Damn gross loh, the fly is like, so super big! EEKS. And I could feel it between the tissue paper when I held it. Oh freak.

Talking about insects, let me tell you guys about alllllllllll the nasty pest things that have happened to me in my life.


(1) There was once my class had PE, and I was walking with Jeslyn, we were going to play badminton lah. Then there was this spider on her back. Oh my god! I hate spiders, I'll tell you why later. Thn she freaked out and chased after me, trying to ask me to help her flick it off or something. Of course, with my phobia of spiders, once I saw the spider's temp host chasing after me, I fled. I ran away from Jeslyn, but she kept chasing me lah. Hahah, in the end, someone helped her get it off.

(2)This is what caused my phobia of arachnoids. Yes, I was bathing and brushing my teeth at the same time. This happened when I was in primary 5. Ya, I was using this maroon coloured cup and since it was dark coloured, you couldn't see what was actually inside. And I was gurgling my mouth when something erm, leggy stucked at the side of my mouth. I immediately spat it out and saw that it was a daddy-long-leg. OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!! eeeeeeeee, straight there, I vomitted.

(3) In primary school, my friends and I were playing catching at the fitness corner of our school and I got to the 'house' and was about to grab the pole to lean on to rest when my hand grasped not only a pole, but a squishy thing. Oh no...I released my hand and saw that I just grabbed a wasp. ON THE POLE????!!!

(4) The dragonfly thing, you know the one, in my most embarressing moment when I was at the bustop and it got stuck at my collar...

(5) I was with Shawn at one time, and we were walking in this dark place, I stepped on a slug.

(6) I was walking out of Palm Gardens to meet my friend at night when I stpped on this huge snail. Wa, damn squashy and fleshy and crispy loh.

(7) I was about to bathe in and was getting my underwear from my drawer in the dark when I felt this sucky thing climbing up my legs. Yes, a lizard. I could feel their suction pads loh! Wa lao.

(8) I was staying over at my grandma's place with all the mattress on the floor when I reached in between the mattress, I felt something and just grabbed it. I took out my hand and saw that I grabbed a cockroach. Shit.

(9) I was running barefeet outside my house last time and I stepped on this small snail. Wet and mucky.

(10) I was walking in my house. And as you know my old house had floor tiles with some spots la. Then I couldn't see this beatle on the floor, it camouflaged with the floor sucessfully okay. And I stepped on it.


Well, I gues I have a great afinity with disgusting things lah. Still got a lot more. But have to go now. Gotta celebrate father's day. To all fathers or would-be fathers(my sister's husband), HAPPY FATHER"S DAY!!!

Later I'll add on a poem lah. See you guys around:)