Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pretty Men.

OMG OMG OMG!

Remember I was telling y'all about the hateful Human Motivation module that I had to do the second graded assignment to 'pull' up the grade!?

I just got back my results!

19/20!

And it's like second highest on the list!

I feel a bit cheated because I didn't spend a lot of time on this assignment compared to the previous one. I even commented this on her feedback survey on her teaching, that when we put in more effort, we score less and vice versa.

Anyway, I'll just take what I can.

Must be Prof G's Positive-Incentive value theory I add in that's why score well! :D

And my overall pop quiz score for the same module is also second highest!

5/6!

I still think I'll never take her module again though. Ugh.
And! Prof G is conducting a summer 'internship'!

International Field Study Program: Primate Behavior and Ecology Study Course

The Agricultural Institute of Bogor and University of Washington has extended an invitation to students of NTU to attend their summer field research course at a discounted cost. In the course, you will work on Tinjil Island located off of West Java, Indonesia. The course is a small enrollment, hands on learning experience for field research techniques. During the course, students will utilize the free-ranging long-tailed macaques living on the island to train in field data collection. The course is suited to those interested in learning field research techniques, gaining a valuable experience working in the field, or pursuing a career in conservation or behavioral sciences. Please see AHEM for a description of the course program. The costs associated with the course will be $1,338 USD, and will be July 16-Aug 10, 2010. Please contact Prof G for more information.

 I really feel like going.

But it's like during my Bali trip (which is also in Indonesia, you think he'll stopover there???!!) and I've got no money :((

Plus! Today's Biopsych paper was quite a disaster. I'm pretty sure I lost like 30 marks for the essay component, out of 40. 
Oh dear :(

But because Prof G waved and smiled at me after the paper, I shall forgive him for setting such a difficult paper.



And! I've been watching this Korean show called You're Beautiful, where this girl who is a nun dressed up as her identical twin brother to sing in a band because he had to go to the US to reconstruct his face after a cosmetic surgery gone wrong.



The girl is in the brown trench-coat, the main guy is the the third from the left with the gross side-parting and my favourite! Jeremy on the right!

It's like a typical Korean drama which is thankfully not that draggy (16 episodes only) but still is, because she keeps crying later when she finds out she likes the guy and aiya you know the usual thing happens. Some girl finds out she's a girl and blackmails that guy to be with her if not she'll expose the truth, etc etc.


But I like the show (kindof) because the main guy is like not the typical kind of Korean guy in dramas.
He doesn't let the evil girl bully/blackmail him that much and he's very mean and very OCD, which is very very funny at some parts.

Like when the evil girl called him to meet her at some river side because she had evidence of the girl being a girl and not a guy and when he reached there, he found out she's lying.

The evil girl was sitting cross-legged on a bench, dressed quite sexily/nicely.

Guy: Is your car parked far from here?
Girl: Yes..It's on the other side of the river. Why? You want to send me home? (She's very thick-skinned)

The guy just nods his head and bends down slowly, then he grabs one of her high-heels and flung it into the river!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!

She was damn pissed and shouted, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!!?", and took off her other shoe and threw it at him but it missed.
He said something and bent down to take the other shoe and threw it away too!

Funny right!!?

And! There's another guy in the band who is not the main lead but nevertheless plays an important role in the show (to me) because he's like the comic element. He's very funny and cute!
And he looks quite good as a blonde!
Not forgetting his quirky hairstyles.

Also, he's good friends with Heechul, who if y'all remember me mentioning him looking very pretty when he cross-dressed and is very humorous too!

Anyway, the guy in the drama is called Jeremy and he likes to throw parties. Like the slightest happy thing happens and he'll throw a party, haha.



There was this point where the evil female wanted the main girl to tell the rest of the band the truth about her being a girl and she suddenly realised that the band members would be okay with it (because before that she hinted at them and they were like okay with it), so she tried to divert the situation by pretending to vomit.

Then she turned to the main guy to say, "Sorry..", like trying to make it look like she's pregnant, because she blackmailed him into pretending they're a couple.

Then the Jeremy turned to the main guy and said, "Er...Is it time for me to hold another party?"

HAHAHA!

After that the main guy followed the evil girl out and they quarreled a bit. The evil girl was carrying her phone and he suddenly grabbed it and scrolled through the phone list.

Guy: Oh so your dad's on speed dial number 1?
Evil girl: Yes, why? You want to be number one? I can change it..
Guy: So how's your father like? A daughter as evil as you, he should be very bad too right?
Evil Girl: Yes! He's very very fierce! 100 times worse than I am!
Guy: Good.

He began typing something and showed her the screen of her phone.

"Dad, I'm pregnant!"

And he sent it!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Cool right, this kind of main lead. LOL.
Anyway, time for photos!


Jeremy (real name Lee Hongki) with orange-red hair!

He's only 20 :(
But Dian said Korean men liked noonas, which is like older girls.
HA!


He's not good-looking but I just like his 'happy' vibe!


Plus he can pull off that blonde-look.


The main guy with the ever-hyper/happy Jeremy!


Lee Hongki is so pretty here!


Right at the first episode I noticed him because he was the only one who noticed the girl as a nun and nicely signed the fan she was holding. 
She was stunned by the good looks of the band members, haha.


The main guy.
Most of them are in actual bands and they have a good singing voice! 
And the songs on the soundtrack are sung by them!


The girl is in purple jeans, and my favourite Jeremy is in the blue jeans, hot!
I've never seen any Asian guy pull off the skinny-jeans look with high-cut sneakers that well while being blonde.

LIKE! :D


I don't know how in the world guys can never notice girls dressing as men, in dramas like this one. So obvious please.

I know, that's why they're called dramas, haha.

More of Kim Heechul!

He's so andro I can't help but put up more photos.
HAHAHAHA!




I like Heechul's hair. I bet he's dancing the 'Sorry Sorry' dance!

Honestly, the main guy (Jang Geun Suk) in the drama is very androgynous too.
HOT!
Plus his voice very deep and nice. Even when speaking.



Although it's very obvious he has undergone surgery (his nose!), his portrayal of the character in this show overshadows it, haha! 
And he sings many songs for the dramas he's acted in.