Thursday, July 02, 2009

Pins and Needles.

Today, I went to visit the TCM doctor again.

All because of my oversensitive gag-reflex, like the guy in Ghost Town.
Okay okay, once bitten, twice shy but whatever. I wrenched a bit too hard again and I sprained my back. This morning I was in horrible pain.

So I went in and told her about what happened and the doctor said she'll be doing acupuncture on me.
I think I gave her the WTF-IS-MY-BACK-INJURY-REALLY-THAT-BAD-THAT-YOU-HAVE-TO-RESORT-TO-STICKING-NEEDLES-IN-ME expression and she quickly asked, if I didn't mind..

I faster shut my mouth and told her that frankly, I've never done it before and I wouldn't mind the experience.

She started to prepare the bed and I was thinking back about me trying to hold the bed still and I laughed.

"You she me shi qing na me hao xiao de ma?"
/Is there something to be funny about?

"Er..no no."

I faster got on to the bed.

She asked me to stay still and tell her if I feel uncomfortable when she put in the needles.

Okay hold on here, what exactly did her unconfortable feeling mean? Is it the wierd feeling? Or itchy? Or pain? Or queasy? Or...?

So the needle went behind my right knee first (NO PAIN! Surprise.) and my left knee omg I really don't know where she poked it but it was damn painful. As in the sharp pain. I didn't understand. I mean if the right knee no pain at all why the left knee like that right.

I think I gasped a little and she asked if it's pain.
I said yes! Then she said, "Is it the needle go in that kind of pain?" "Er, ya."
Then I think she went to turn the needle a few times and it didn't really help, AT ALL. In fact, the pain was still there.

Okay anyway, after that she poked another 2 needles in the nerves at my lower back.
I don't know exactly how she found out but she knew that this time my right side was hurting and she started to massage me, gently. Not like the first time when she massaged for me.
So that equals to no bed-creaking sounds.

I told her about the cycling thing, like it came back after I cycled and she said I shouldn't do such vigorous exercises like that because it used a lot of the strength from the lower back and body. And she asked if I felt this kind of difficulty when I tried to put on my shorts and stuff.

I was like YA! Because I didn't know that she'll think about that and frankly, I have been having difficulties doing so. SO! My dear Ms Fox, if you are willing to put them on for me..

Anyway, she asked me not to do any strenuous exercise for the next 3 months if not I'll have to keep coming back. TSK.

Ugh.

Tomorrow have to register my courses for my new sem. I have this core course on Cognitive Psychology, by this Dr Michael Patterson. Don't know if I remember correctly but on the HSS Welcome Ceremony Day I think the speech he gave was quite funny. Hopefully his lectures will be too. Pray for me k.

And another on Abnormal Psychology. Which until today I'm still thinking whether my that old Psych lecturer from China said either that it's a very difficult course to do? or that it's a very difficult course for people to get in. Because of her erm, heavily accented and thick-tongued English. That and I was half-awake and my half-deaf ears.

I mean, her lectures were early in the morning you know. And it doesn't help that we have to go there with gummy eyelids and have to smell the take-off-the-shoes smell in the lecture theatre for 2 hours and at the same time try our best to decipher what the hell she's trying to say.

Her "threshold" sounds like "asshole" okay. That woke me up for a few minutes then.

Back to the topic, the last one's on Personality and Individual Differences. I hope they all aren't like the Developmental Psych of last sem, which nearly killed me with the reading.

Omg, my mom suddenly rushed into my room and asked my sister for her IC because she wanted to know her blood type. My sister said hers is O+, same as my dad's. Then she started explaining how my aunts (my father's sisters) were saying how my dad can't have O+ blood type because my grandparents are both B+.

I was a bit shocked because one of my aunts is a nurse and her husband is a doctor specialising in some blood thing in the hospital. I mean, they should know right?
Unless my memory on blood-typing is faulty or I totally misunderstood my bio teacher's Malaysian accent.

My mother was hinting that maybe my father is not my grandfather's son! HAHA.

Okay Bio class 101.

Everyone has 2 alleles for blood-typing. Alleles for A and B are equally dominant and will be expressed, but O is recessive. So if you're a I'A and I'O, your blood type will be expressed as A. Blood type O can only be expressed if you have both recessive alleles of O.

Parental Genotype (Grandparents, possibly): I'B I'O X I'B I'O
Possible Genotype of Offsprings: 50% I'B I'O, 25% I'B I'B and 25% I'O I'O.

So obviously my dad must be the last 25% right. TSK.