




Just in case, I'M NOT A HELLO KITTY FAN.
I've never liked it, I've always thought it's a bit too pink and girly.
Anyway, there was a Hello Kitty restaurant in Taipei that was obviously, Hello Kitty themed.
OMG, you know the stuff there was quite worth it. My meals was 450NT, about S$22, a Hello Kitty burger meal in the shape of the cat with fries, the dessert that Ernie is looking at in the 4th photo, and a complimentary mint milk tea!
And in the 3rd photo is this chocolate mousse cake that costs 280NT, about S$14. It's damn nice! Even the stupid red bow can eat one!
And in the toilet, there's this reclining arm chair in the last photo and the tissue box. Even the serviettes have the Hello Kitty print. Damn nice, I stole a huge stack of it. HAHA. Shh.
Anyway, since all the Taiwanese speak either Chinese or the local dialect there, which is the Minnan-yu or Hokkien, to us, I was checking out this denim skirt at Wufenpu and this hot sales girl if a bit grumpy came out and asked me to come into the store so she could take my waist measurement In Chinese.
As usual, my horrible Chinese and listening couldn't hear properly and I kept HUH??-ing at her and after a few times she got pissed. I wanted to ask her to change another size but I didn't really dare. Turns out the skirt is a snug fit. TSK.
And Taiwan has quite a few hot girls. I mean, they all dress like the Japanese and Koreans. Fake eyelashes, lots of make up and dyed hair. And I only saw one fat person there. It's a female taxi driver.
The last day, after leaving the Hello Kitty restaurant, my sister and I went to Sogo. There are quite a few Sogos there, and all are like right across one another. That's where I bought my Ipod. Going up the escalator this Sally look-a-like sales girl passed out this eye mask to us and she brought us to her counter to introduce some products to us.
I was drooling over her and once she started squeezing out this emulsion thing and applying it on my arm and massaging it and omg.
She was talking to me, asking me whether it feels smoother or not. I think my mouth was slightly opened and I HUH??-ed her again.
Shit.
SALLY!!!!
Also, on Sunday my two sisters and my eldest sister's husband went to watch The Land of the Lost. My eldest sister asked me to pass my sister the money and I was rushing to her when I tripped on the bloody mat.
I think I did the trip-over-the-curb-and-walked-headlong-to-the-crowd-because-I-couldn't-stop-the-inertia thing again.
I don't know why, I didn't felt very embarrassed at the time, although I know I should. I grabbed someone on the way and pulled down something.
Turns out I pulled down this really really hot girl's top. She was wearing this pale yellow off-shoulder top and denim jeans. Damn. I didn't even notice I did that to her until my sister's husband kept laughing and talking about it.
I miss my Sallykins.
Okay Ernie! I love you more k.
And seems like the Taiwanese don't like Ernie. They like Domo and Elmo more. So irritating. The only time I saw Ernie was on this cap with the rest of the seasame street puppets. They like Spongebob though! They called it Hai mian bao bao, which is seriously gross, because Spongebob is supposedly a grownup with a mentality of a kid right, he works in the burger joint.
By the way, the hammies went on an adventure last Friday. My sister came into the room and woke me up telling me that the hamsters escaped. That shocked me awake right then and I ran out. She told me Doc Oct's under the fridge and she can't get him out.
I went to squat down and I saw between the gap this little fat thing sniffing the cabinet.
So I made the zutting sound and tapped the tiles, calling his name all the time and slowly he appeared with dust bunnies coated all over him. There were many on his whiskers. SO CUTE.
My sister warned that he'll run very fast. Must have been because of the stress. Apparently Hele was watching the hamsters a few days ago and as usual my naughty niece did what I warned her not to do, which was to screw open the extention thing. The hamsters pushed it out and jumped off the cage that was perched on a shoebox on top of a chair.
OMG YOU CAN IMAGINE THE HEIGHT RIGHT.
Compare it with when you're like palm-sized small.
Anyway, I grabbed Doc Oct with my lightning reflexes (HAHA) and he was struggling like mad. SO POOR THING. He looked quite miserable too. Well, the hammies are safe now and next time I see Hele visiting my hammies again I shall supervise her like Madam Pooch on a Quidditch Match.