Monday, May 03, 2010

3 More Days.

I really hate those people on Facebook that seriously anyhow add people they NEVER talk to, just to increase the amount of people they have on their friends' list.

I guess you're thinking...

"But Wen Er, you just added Prof P. Isn't he someone you NEVER talked to?"

Yes and no.

I've 'talked' to him during presentation during Cognitive Psych last semester (HAHA), and it's not like I added him because I want to increase the number of people on my friends' list. 
In actual fact, I'm trying to decrease the number of people on my friends' list.

I'm still actively finding people to delete and block on FB and if you're one of them reading my blog now and you've recently found out you're short of one person on your friends' list, you know it's me :)

And it's very very scary how you can find some stranger on the Internet just by typing on their name.

That day I accompanied my mom to NUH, (it's a long story, one that I will tell you all about in another post) and I realised how many good looking doctors there were.

There was this ultra hot Caucasian doctor wearing who went into the room but didn't come out, and I didn't get to see her name. SHIT! But she was really hot!

But the doctor that saw my mom at the A&E department looked quite similar to the doctor that attended to me about 5 years ago when I got admitted because of my high fever because I queued up in the cold at Korea for some amusement park ride for too long, wearing too little clothes and that night I had a really high fever (40 degrees), had fits and fainted. 

Or fainted then had fits.

Anyway, the doctor that was in charged of me was freaking annoying. This is at NUH too. And he was trying to analyse and judge me. Don't say it's standard questions. It's the way he asked and how he looked so doubtful which was damn irritating.
I mean hello. It's not like I wanted to get admitted because I had fits from the fever and got my head banged around from falling in the toilet right!

Doctor: Are you pregnant?
Me: (I managed to shout in that weakened state) NO!
Doctor: Are you sure?
Me: YES! I just had my period last week. (idiot.)
Doctor: When was your last menstrual cycle?
Me: Er...I just said it's last week...
Doctor: Did you have sex in the last month or so?
Me: WHAT!? What kind of question is that?! No!
Doctor: Okay, there will be an intern coming here later to take your blood pressure.
Me: All right.

That hospital stay during that time was horrible. 
I mean, it was a novel experience for me. 
If you asked me, would I have queued up again for the ride for so long in the cold when I know about all the trouble I'd go through after that again? 
Yes I would!

Honestly, I thought it was quite an interesting experience, and Yeti came to visit me in the hospital with her mom, which was very very nice of her. I should tell you guys about this story more in detail after my exams. 
This is the story of the aftermath of having the high fever and getting discovered by me pops.
I must tell you the 'before' story!

Anyway, the nurses were horrible, because I was hooked up to this saline IV drip and they didn't checked if it was finished, so my blood started to flow back up the tube. At first I thought it's like normal, but there was a lot of blood going back up the tube and so I thought I had to call for the nurse to change a new bag for me. 

(She had to reattach a new needle because the tube already had my blood in it)
She bloody poked my like so many freaking times on my right wrist! I swear, like about 7 to 8 times!

Then she gave up and called her friend for help. 
Her friend poked me a couple of times too and they still couldn't find the vein. 
I mean I don't understand. I quite fair so my veins on my hands are quite obvious, wth right!? 
Use your intern nurses on me!

Then they tried on my other wrist and elbow area. And they gave up and called the head nurse in.

When the head nurse came in and saw my half-dead-from-being-poked-with-a-needle-at-so-many-times face, she immediately scolded the interns and apologised to me. She told them if they couldn't find the vein the first three times, they should call her, not experiment on the patient!
Admittedly, I was feeling quite smug in that state of pain when I heard her scolding them.

Anyway, the first time she poked, she got it right, and it was on my left wrist, since it wasn't poked at so many times yet. There were a crowd of intern nurses around my bed because she called the other interns to see what was the proper way to insert a needle into a vein.

Another one was, remember the doctor told me an intern doctor would come in and take my blood pressure?
Yes, she did and honestly she was not bad looking. But she made me stand up to take my blood pressure and (my hospital tag was green, which was that I needed assistance if I needed to stand, meaning I'm still very very weak) I started swaying about on my feet and got dizzy. 
I sort of grabbed the bed to support myself because I was about to fall and she said sorry. 
The other doctor came in and reprimanded her that she should have let me sit down while taking the blood pressure.

I mean, what's wrong with these people right.

So, the whole point I was trying to get at is, because the doctor that attended to my mom last Friday looked similar to the doctor that attended to me, I got seriously stalker-like and googled his name.

I managed to find his Facebook and his information!

I mean, he's like a total stranger!

So I got scared and wondered how some people managed to find my blog when I seldom tell people that I have one and tried googling my name.

WHAT THE HELL?!

(Please don't try to google it now)

I found my blog address.

And here I am, thinking and feeling extremely smug about myself being almost invisible on FB because I set my profile to be virtually information-less to the public viewer and my gender and my hometown and my name not being my actual name so people can't find me on FB when if you just freaking type 'Tan Wen Er' and my stupid blog is on the first listing.

I spent like half an hour trying to change the username but I couldn't find the name anywhere on my account! (Besides in my posts)

This is scary.

If anyone managed to stalk me on Google and found my blog and is reading this post now, let me warn you I use a password on my 'secret' posts!

And, 
GO AWAY!

Also, I'm very sick of studying. I can feel my mind drifting away from Personnel Psych each time I try to concentrate. Tsk. 
The worst thing is that Psych papers usually end damn late, after all the other courses.

3 more days.

3 bloody more days, Tan Wen Er.