I went to watch The Hunger Games movie with Silvia and Dian a few weeks ago.
The movie was NOT touching at all, and there were people crying in the theatre....
So I thought what's all the fuss about this Hunger Games Trilogy in the blogosphere, Tumblr and FB, and I decided to read the book.
It happened that Dian dl-ed the e-book so I asked if she could send it to me, which she kindly did.
Anyway, if I thought the Hunger Games (first book of the trilogy) was not very nice, it got progressively worse in the next 2 books.
First of all, the language is very simple. I mean, you can argue that what can I expect from a young adult book right?
HELLO!
Look at J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.
So detailed, rich in originality, and NO such over lovey-dovey I'LL-KILL-MYSELF-BECAUSE-OF-LOVE sentiments in her characters!
THIS IS WHAT YOUNG ADULTS SHOULD BE READING!
Not filth like Twilight, which has horribly easy language, turn-your-brains-to-mush-with-stupid-loopholes storylines, or like this Hunger Games.
Okay, rated that I think the Hunger Games is a bit better than Twilight on the whole, because at least the Hunger Games Trilogy has a proper plot and storyline, trying to depict what the rich are taking for granted, etc etc, but after the 2nd and 3rd book in the Hunger Games...
Omg, the female protagonist (Katniss Everdeens) keeps thinking of and trying to commit suicide (like a suicide bomber/assassin) because many people sacrificed their lives for her, or her sister died, or Peeta (her lover) got captured, or the stupid President leaves a rose in her room.
WTH!?
So stupid.
I don't want my niece or other kids to be reading such nonsense things, about suicides and stuff.
Why are kids interested in such things?
I've never been interested in such books.
After reading like Enid Blyton books, I progressed to Christopher Pike, then to my still-favourite authors today, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child!
Not forgetting Harry Potter.
Ugh.
By the way, I hope I find a job soon!