I find that I really dislike the habits of some people whom you go out with, who are CONSTANTLY on their freaking phone.
Hello!
I dated you to enjoy your company, not to enjoy watching you text your other friends/work colleagues/facebook/twit-shit/check website updates okay!?
All right, if it is a very important text, then that's fine. I won't mind you looking at your phone for that 5-10 minutes.
But I don't appreciate how I can set aside my phone for the few hours or so, to enjoy your company with you, yourself, and me, but you keep checking your phone.
If you stop and apologise that you're sorry, it's a work thing, or sorry, it's my bf/gf/prof, then it's fine, but no apology? Just a sudden silence with me trying to think of doing other things while you suddenly start texting/doing other stuff on your phone???
I find it very, very rude, you know.
I can tell you right now that I NEVER, EVER do this when I'm out with my friends/family.
I don't know why but a lot of people whom I go out with does this.
Why?
Isn't it enough that you sneak off for phone-breaks during school/office hours?
Can't you do it later when you go home?
What's so important on your phone/Facebook that you have to check right now?
Am I that boring?
Honestly, I don't think so.
There is a reason why I'm choosing to come out with you, and that's because we "click", and we can maintain a conversation for long hours.
I hate it when people do that! So annoying!
It's seriously just plain rude!
And if you are reading this and you are suddenly enlightened to the fact that you've been doing this to your friends/co-worker/spouse for a while now, then please DO SOMETHING TO CHANGE IT.
Thanks.
Well, unless your friends/co-worker/spouse are also doing that, then it's fine, if you get what I mean...
Although I have a smart-phone (Iphone), I hardly use the 3G (because it's damn slow), so I seldom surf the net on my phone when I'm out of the house. I seldom play games on my phone when I'm on the bus/train too, unless the game is new and I'm currently addicted to it.
In fact, if my bag is light enough, I may carry a good ol' book, or my Blackberry Playbook to read the e-books which I've downloaded into.
And I only read when I'm on the bus and train, ALONE.
This leaves me with another vein of thought.
Today, I was taking the train on Circle Line to Harbourfront to meet Yeti, and I didn't bring a book. My bag is too small and the current book I'm reading is too heavy...
So I was left with my eyes wandering around the train, people-watching, staring at the people sitting on the seats across mine...
I think I've told you how I don't like taking the train and I prefer taking the bus because I'm always forced to try hard to not stare too long at a spot when I've nothing to do...
Anyway, there were 2 guys sitting across me and my mind was just wandering and so were my eyes...
Being part of an Asian society where we're from Collectivistic cultures, I try not to look at people's faces, trying to be non-confrontational and not-weird, you know?
And I suddenly realise that after a while, I happened to be staring at the guy's crotch area.
I don't know!
It just happens, you know?
I'm not attracted to the dude, just happened to rest my open-eyes at the said area. But when I realised I've been staring at his crotch, I quickly look up to check if he noticed and had to find some other spot in the cabin to stare at.
Ah, social conventions are such a difficult thing to live with sometimes.
The "You don't bother me, and I won't bother you" kind of deal....