No offense but I find it quite weird when people "like" their Facebook status...
I get the "like" when others comment on your status and you like their comment, so you "like" their comment. But "liking" your own status is really strange, because obviously you like your status right? If not why you put it there in the first place...
Also, I hate it when I hear people, especially many Singaporeans today, pronounce the "L E" of a word as "E R".
For example,
the word "example" (HAHA)...
A lot of Singaporeans pronounce it as "examper"!!!!!!!!!
What the hell is wrong with their tongues!?!?!??!!
Can't you just bloody pronounce it properly!?
It's LE NOT ER.
In another example, the word, "people".
Omg, this semester I took a Voice Production and Studies module in NIE and there's this girl in my class who keeps doing this!
Peoper.
Peoper.
PEOPER.
Bloody hell, to me, it's so IN-YOUR-FACE when they pronounce it like that.
It has become such a habit you know? That many Singaporeans don't pronounce their "L"s and "R"s properly.
Damn annoying.
On another note, I pronounced a word I seldom use wrongly yesterday.
That word is "vineyard".
Would you pronounce it as VINE-YARD?
Or VIN-YARD???
Like PIN, not PINE?
Because Sidney corrected me that it's pronounced as VIN-YARD not VINE-YARD.
I'm pretty sure I've heard people on those stupid travel shows pronouncing it Sidney's way, which should be correct, but it's strange how the VINE in VINE-YARD is not pronounced like PINE or WINE or FINE...
But like FIN and WIN and PIN.
THEN DON'T SPELL IT AS VINEYARD AND CONFUSE PEOPLE RIGHT!?
Spell it as VINYARD la!
THEN DON'T SPELL IT AS VINEYARD AND CONFUSE PEOPLE RIGHT!?
Spell it as VINYARD la!
Ahh, the complexities and contradictions of the English Language.