Tuesday, February 09, 2010

What A Joke.

I was talking to my Moroccan friend on Facebook when I told him about the Singaporean Pastor Rony Tan who insensitively insulted the Buddhism and Taoism (I think) religion and got away with it by apologizing to some head monks in Singapore.

I mean like, what the hell right?

And one of our minister even felt heartened.

Honestly, I'm very sure most other Singaporeans who actually care or read the news and who most likely (I said most likely) aren't Christians would feel a little bit pissed.

He just apologized!

Like that F4 guy said, "If everyone apologized after committing an offense or crime in the world, there would be no need of policemen."

What about that 3 guys who gave racist comments on Facebook and got jailed or something?

Okay, I know it's a serious offense and it's very rude, but seriously.

Think about all the times we heard that so many Singaporeans who usually are not famous/most likely people who do not have 'connections', got jailed because of a simple upsetting remark.
And now this Pastor, insulting people's faith and religion so outrageously gets to apologise and walk away, with a Minister being heartened by the forgiving monks reactions?

I'm not pointing any fingers but it really sounds very suspicious to some one like I am, as a completely non-objective third party.
I'm not angry because my birth cert states I'm a Buddhist. I'm angry because I'm feeling the injustice for all the other people who got jailed by committing the same mistakes. Or almost the same.

How can he go off so lightly?!
I really don't understand.
Or rather I do but I think it's freaking unfair.

The Church only like told the pastors-to-be, to be more wary/careful of what they say, but no punishment on that Pastor!?

If it's other people, he/she sure will get either a jail sentence or whatever.
And don't use my above statement to say that I just stated a totally non-true, offending or insulting statement, or that I'm trying to point my finger/s at the Government k.
Especially if you're a government agent/computer program trying to sieve through blogs to find any some-sort of insulting comment on the Government of any high-ranking official/famous person.

Think about it. If like that, then the 3 guys who posted racist remarks on FB can also post on their status again by publicly apologizing right?

Or I can go on and shout at some Christian or Catholic or Muslim about how can they be taught that people who don't believe in their God will get banished/burned in Hell, in public and then quickly apologizing that I'm sorry because I don't know enough about their faith and start going for prayers or Sunday school, if they'd accept me.

This is just an example, so DO NOT COMMENT.

Very annoying you know!

Anyway, I was just telling you guys this because I realise that I have quite a complicated family background for religion.

My Moroccan friend asked if I'm a Buddhist and I told him that the funny thing is, I was borned a Buddhist because it's stated I'm one on my birth cert, and all along my whole family has been thinking we're Buddhist but actually all these years we've been going to all the Taoist temples and praying to the Taoist Gods...
 I know Taoism is another form of Buddhism so don't start lecturing me on it.

Then I continued on that although I was borned a Buddhist but actually is a Taoist, in my heart, I'm an athetist!

And it's a joke because my parents are converting to Catholicism!

In case some of you extra-sensitive people are bristling at my comment about me saying it's a joke that they're converting to become Catholics, smooth down your hairs because I meant it like adding to this joke of having a complicated family background on Religion.

And if you're not happy with that explanation because it's truly what I meant, I guess I should say...

I'm sorry because I don't know your Religion well enough and please be as forgiving as the head Buddhist monk.