Today, I had my first Spanish leccion and it really helped that my Spanish tutor is so...mm mmm.
It was quite fun and she made the leccion a lot more interesting and enjoyable. And she pronounced my name as WHEN-ER.
Haha, but I so totally don't mind.
Bloody hell, Dian and I got a shock when we brisk-walked to NIE to buy the Spanish textbook and exercise book, because it totaled up to $52. What the hell right. I thought it's like less than $20 only. And the bookshop threw in like some free NTU foolscap pad. Maybe the $2 from the $52 was to pay for it or something.
Anyway, good news is it can be used for all 3 levels of Spanish.
So we ended off the leccion with an exercise of finding 4 other people in the class and ask for their name and surname in Espanol.
Me: Hola! Como te llamas? (Hello! What's your name?")
Stranger: Me llamo _____, y tu? (My name is Blank, and you?)
Me: Me llamo Wen Er. Como te apellidas? (My name is Wen Er. What's your surname?)
Stranger: Me apellido -----! (My surname's Dash!)
Did you know?
The double 'L' in Spanish (llamas and etc) is pronounced as 'y'. So 'llamas' is like 'yamas'.
And if you thought Spanish is so not a useful language, think again, because Spanish is the 3rd most spoken language in the world and by more than 400 million people!
Not bad right.
So while I was interrogating this girl on her name and stuff, my tutor came to see how I was doing. It made me highly nervous so I faster HOLA! her and walked away after I finished. HAHA.
Me starting to like Spanish more and more. Hehe.