Friday, January 23, 2009

280 BPM

Wednesday morning when I was happily sitting on my living room couch, going to put the pizza in my mouth when I heard

BAM!

I didn't know my reflexes could be that fast. No, I didn't drop the pizza, nor did I choke on it, instead my reaction was to leap up in a ready-to-evacuate-from-the-house-because-Clementi-Ave-5-just-got-bombed-by-some-unknown-terrorist-stance.

But after a while I realised nothing serious happened and my heart beat slowed. I was hoping maybe someone jumped down from the building or something, I know that's very evil, but...anyway, I saw my father quickly striding to the kitchen window to see what happened and I tried to walk slowly to look not so kaypo. Guess what caused the sound?

CROW CULLERS!

I hate it when I see people shooting crows. I saw this man wearing some white uniform-y shirt with a shotgun and I had this sudden thought in my head, "Did people get paid for this? Or are these people those air-rifle experts training for the next Olympics trying to get a real-life experience/practice? Or! Do people actually undergo training to shoot at birds in Singapore!?"

This is so weird, and sad. After the shot, the neighbourhood had this deathly silence. Usually there are caws and bird-mating sounds but now, just total silence. I think it was just a warning shot. I bet the smart birds flew away for a 1-day vacay to some tropical rain tree in Ave 4 or something.

Well, later in the evening the crows must have came back, and I bet they miss their nests.
Why can't there be pigeon cullers? Oh wait, you don't even need the bullets to shoot at them. They take flight so slowly! Stupid fat pigeons. They should die. Not crows! Okay, that's very mean, but I like crows, and mynahs.
I especially feel very very very sad when I see a mynah with a deformed leg because it got caught in some net/string that entangled the feet and made it useless. Oh no :(

Today I went to West Coast Mall with Alvin again, to get the wine for Fatty's mom. He kindly offered to accompany me and Ernie there. HAHA. Can Ernie zut?
I'm meeting Auntie tomorrow because she came over to Singapore for a visit! I hope she'll love the wine. She'd better. I spent money on it. TSK.

Okay, I shall end here, bye.