Monday, August 09, 2010

Into The Mind Of A Genius.


I'm very slow about movies nowadays because I hardly go out and watch them.

See, no girlfriend/boyfriend = go out less often = watch movies on a lesser frequency.

Sorry Ernie, but you're not a real boyfriend.

And no money = no extravagant spending of money on watching movies.

Have friends who are mostly in relationships = meeting up less often = more likely they have already watched the movie you wanted to, with their other half.

Which equates to me being annoyed and having a boring life.

Anyway, I finally watch Inception with Yeti the other day.
Very happy!

And I feel that all the hype about this movie, is sort of well-deserved.

Although I felt very stressed out watching the movie, (need to use a lot of my brains (both sides k) power), I was very amazed by the concept and certain ideas the director had about dreams.

Like how you can never remember when did a dream start, but somehow manage to remember the middle or end of the dream.

I mean, I've been studying psychology and I've been fascinated by dreams and how deja vu results, but I've never thought of this.

"Why do people not remember the start of dreams?"

Also, another idea that the director posed was the cycle of a dream.

How our brain needs to create the landscape, the idea, what happens next, a plot, random events, etc etc and how our brain perceives each stimulus and when we dream, it's right in the middle of this cycle.

It's awesome, that's what it is.

Christopher Nolan is quite brilliant.

He must be whacked up in the brains.

But you know what was the best part of the movie for me was?

I think it was the effects, the surreal-ness of the dreams.
The setting and landscapes they presented.

It's really like one of my own dream!


When this part of the movie happened and the girl sort of 'folded' up the street, I felt very dizzy because my brain couldn't perceive it fast enough.


What the hell, at the end they showed the top still spinning I was like, "Omg faster stop spinning!" in my head.

Because Dom (Leonardo D.) said that in dreams, the top will never stop spinning.

And I loved the world where he and his wife created.

With all the tumbling down buildings and water-ways around her old houses where she used to live in.

Very beautiful.

I have a recurring dream where I am this weird gargoyle-monster thing that flew around a city that was abandoned and old, like Apocalypse happened and I was the only sole, living thing left in the world.

It's always in black and white, or like you know, the weird colour-scapes that Twilight moments have (not the show, but the time of the day).

Another concept that he brought up was very true too and I've noticed this from my own experience.

Remember not long ago I posted about sometimes my dreams are so mundane and it features things from my everyday life like someone I know telling me something that when I wake up and live my normal life, I'm not sure whether the information he/she told me is real or something I dreamt up.

It's scary.

It's like how the main actor's wife couldn't differentiate her dreams from reality after a while, or she refused to leave her dream-world.


Nice cleavage.

I found the element of his wife in the movie highly annoying.
Like damn psycho and I just felt like punching her when she spoke because she had this weird accent. And a mole on her forehead.

Although she looked quite pretty at certain angles, but her psycho-ness was enough to disgust me.


And I liked 'Arthur', played by Joseph Gordon Levitt, in the show.

He's like strangely hot in that suit and during that whole scene when he only had 3 minutes to bring his group into the elevator for the 'free-fall-jerk', or in Psych we call it a 'hypnic jerk' where our muscles are starting to 'fall asleep' but when we're just entering into the stages of sleep we sometimes dream of movement our muscles accidentally act it out and as a consequence, for a moment after that we wake up and have to try and fall asleep again.

If you're going to ask me, "Why must our muscles fall asleep when we sleep/dream?", it's because you don't want to act out your dreams k.
Common sense.

Anyway, yes, throughout that whole scene that Hans Zimmer composed the song that was damn kan chiong and loud and I kept thinking he was going to die or something, very scary.
But he didn't, so :))

And one element I really like that Christopher Nolan added in was that some elements in our 'real' physical world can influence what we dream. 
Like the part where the guy pushed Leonardo D. into a bath tub of water and in his dream he saw the whole building being invaded by water.

The best part of the movie is, although I'm impartial to the cast of this movie, and I really hated Leonardo D. (especially from that Titanic omg. All the girls kept saying how cute/hot he was, I wanted to slap them awake), but he was okay in this movie and the rest of them was all right too.

I loved the 'paradox' stairs though, that Arthur taught the Architect girl played by Ellen Page.

Reminds me of my favourite graphic artist, M. C. Escher.

It's called the 'Penrose Stairs' by the way. 
And I have this whole book called 'Masters of Deception' where artists draw things that can never happen in reality, like this stairs.


I think they cut off Ellen Page's head because she was sleeping with her mouth open, hahahaha!

Okay next, celebrities that look like other celebrities.


Courtney Cox Vs Nelly Furtado.


Eva Longoria <3 Vs don't know who/can't remember who.


Heath Ledger Vs Joseph Gordon Levitt.


  Robert Pattinson Vs Troll.

Troll wins, by the way.


Paris Hilton Vs Big Bird.

Because I <3 Ernie and because Ernie lives on Sesame Street, I shall support Big Bird, LOL!

Vs photos taken from http://dorion55.com/?p=1786