Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Yipee yi yay

I think I had an epiphany. I dreamed that I was in India, and this young girl was talking to me. Somehow in the dream it seemed like it was a documentary and this commentator was telling me that this Indian woman is a prostitute and has 8 kids, all girls, and 7 of which are child prostitutes too. I remember feeling very appalled by what I heard and I was thinking that I could do something to help, maybe try to ask the government to stop/prohibit/whatever this prostitution thing there.

This girl, she was one of the oldest of the eight kids and she's only 12. She was telling me not to, because if I did her mom would not be able to earn enough income for the family. I felt so bad for her. I mean, I know the only reason why they'd do that is because they don't have another choice to turn to. So that got me thinking. What if our own government or say our Prime Minister like donate a part of his salary to help these poor people? Like say, a miserable 5% of his 3.1 million dollars he's supposedly paid per year? HEY.

5% of that isn't little at all you know. It's a freaking S$155,000! HUH. And you go convert it to rupee or whatever and it may actually help 100 families or more! Hnn.

So I went to school today. It was raining cats and dogs, but luckily my father was very nice to fetch me there. Had my Intro to Public Policy lecture. Ohmygod. I made a new friend. I mean, I think I sorta knew him since the 2nd lecture, and he's always nice enough to say hi to me and all, but today we sorta finally talk/have a conversation with each other. And also, he was quite nice to walk me to the bus stop. Even though he said he had quite a lot of time before the next lesson.

And you know what's the best thing? My Intro to Public Policy teacher canceled the tutorial for tomorrow! Wuhoo! Oh Yea! But I gotta study and do my assignments though. Good time to catch up some lurvin' with my books. Dammit.

Okay, bye!