Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Photic Sneeze Reflex.

For most of my life, I've been having this weird phenomena happening to me.

When I look at a bright light source like my study lamp or the sun, I sneeze!

I've been telling people about this for years, and my friends either show disbelief or think that its just another weird quirk of mine.... -_-

So today, while I was outside my house bringing the clothes in for my mom, I had to look up at the clothes line to unhook the hangers and directly behind it was the bright afternoon sun.

Pretty soon, I felt a sneeze coming.....

AH-CHOO!!!!!!!!!!!

To tell you the truth, I've always like the sensation of sneezing, like it's a weird high, for me, I don't know why.

And I particularly love to sneeze loudly. 
HAHA!

So annoying right?
But it's damn fun because I get to shock my family and friends, once in a while, hehe.

Yeah, so I decided to google this.

I was typing..."Look at sun..."

AND IMMEDIATELY GOOGLE PROMPTED, "Look at sun and sneeze".

Imagine my shock, because I didn't know other people would search about this too, since almost everyone I've told this problem about, doesn't believe me or tell me it doesn't happen to them...

And I read this article...


It's very interesting!

And it turns out about 35% of the population "suffers" from this too!

And even 2000 years ago, Aristotle mused about this.

The article also says this gene should be passed down from my parents...Maybe I should ask them about this too.

Hmm.