I was in Borders with Tracy the other day when I was waiting for my turn at the counter to ask if Borders had the book I wanted. I was hoping I'd get a different girl from the previous one I asked about another book because she..., "HI! MAY I HELP YOU?", until damn loud. I saw Tracy sneakily walking behind me after that loud sentence and I also saw a few heads turning in our direction. And I think I also saw my inward cringe in the assistant's eyes.
So I got a guy, which was even worse. But this time, it was a very feminine-he. While I have nothing against gays, I just feel uncomfortable and irritated when they behave overly-feminine. Well, the thing is, girls don't behave so womanly, so why are the so-called feminine gays acting like that? Their feminine behavior is so unlike real women behavior.
Anyway, our convo went on like this..
Gay guy: Hi..How can I help you?
Me (Very awkward): Er...Can I ask if you guys have the book called "Fire Study" here?
Gay Guy: Hmm, Fire Starter is it? Let's see..
And he proceeds to start typing on his keyboard while putting one finger on his lower lip..
Me: Er no, Fire Study.
Gay Guy: OH. Bible Study..!
Me (Very exasperatedly): No no no! FY-ER STA-DI!
Gay Guy: Oh!!! Fire Study...
He continued typing on his keyboard and then..
Gay Guy: Okay see ahhh..I'm not sure if we have any stocks in, but you can try searching under "Science Fiction" over there. It's by Maria V. Snyder right? So you look under "Assssssssssss".
He even drew an imaginary "S" in the air. Oh.My.God. I mean, thank you for your help, but I kinda got a bit freaked out.
Gay Guy continues..: Do you need my help to go find it for you?
Me: No, no thanks.
I walked very quickly away from the counter after trying to give him a thank-you smile.
I never did find the book.