I spent my first clubbing experience today at Double O. Although I've always been promised of lots of boobs and booze, but I was severely disappointed with typical looking girls and lecherous men. Seriously, it's gross. Tracy said there'd be lots of boobs but all I could see was girls, guys and desperadoes.
Sure there was okay people, but after a while they're all the same to me. After a drink of gin and tonic(Free cos it's ladies' night), Tracy dragged me to the dance floor and proceeded to try to make me dance.
All the techno and people and most of all, the lights, it was very bad. I mean, I was just mesmerized and dazzled by it, although I was damn sober, they kept trying to make me dance. The frenzied whirling and lights in different colours at dizzying speed just made me remember about "The Book of the Dead" by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, where Diogenes trapped visitors to a tomb exhibit and made them go mad with that kind of light-display.
Anyway, I've found out I can draw, do sports, fight, scold people til' they faint, sing(maybe), but never dance. I don't have a single dancing bone in my body.
And seeing the people getting excited over a techno-remix song is damn dumb. I felt really out of place and luckily Fatty brought me to the bar instead for drinks.
I got to know Tracy's ADM friends doing Film. There was a guy called Feng, which Li Nan thought his name is Firm..And his soon-to-be-girlfriend called Cindy who looks like Kai Xin. HAHA.
The worse thing is, people thought I was from China because I'm his cousin..NO OKAY. Distant. DISTANT! I'm Singaporean. And this Feng thought I was Indonesian.. -_-
Anyway, once I got to know he played Rugby in JC we could just talk. I don't know. It's always easier for me to talk to guys. It's just an easier thing to do. Talking about fly-tackling, being wingers and stuff just IS easier.
Oh, although Jeslyn and Tracy told me about the pervertic men on the dancefloor and I was trying to "dance", which was my putting the weight on one foot and then to the other, which ended up with me looking stupid, the lecherous looking men around me just made me feel very, very fired up. You can say you can just ignore them but whatever. I was in the mood to kill.
It was fun anyway, I felt totally embarressed trying to dance. Even thought they tried to cheer me up and all that, I just hated it. I hate dancing and trying to pretend to be excited over a song and I hate looking so dumb, trying to dance. Ugh. I really think clubbing's not my kind of thing.
I can't believe my all-time favourite Sally-kins spend half her life doing this.
Seriously.