Monday, April 28, 2008

It doesn't even matter

I've just watched God is Green on Channel News Asia. It's not bad. It was funny how they showed human beings as selfish, ignorant and non-permanent on Earth. It made me feel kinda suicidal and feel like going to the hardware shop for fertiliser and other bombing gadgets.

It just made me feel so self-loathing, for myself and everyone else. Sometimes I think, why do our government even try to boast about our 'fine' academic system when we're not educating ourselves enough about overpopulation instead of our supposed 'underpopulated' state, pollution and shitcares what other things we're dumping on Mother Earth? If anyone knows me well enough, they'd know I'm a very environmental kind of person. A student in Singapore uses an average of 1.5metre tall of paper per year, and maybe more. That includes your textbooksssss. Look what another 10000 kids might do to our forests.

Anyway, there was this time when my work colleague asked 2 of my other female colleagues and I about how we feel about abortion. Like say if we had this child with Down's Syndrome, what would we do with it. Immediately, they said they'll give birth to it. I say 'it'.
I didn't voice my opinion because I know they think that I'm a kid and on previous occasions and they'd say I'd change my mind about 'adult stuff' in the future.

I was thinking that if it really happen to me, I'd abort it. Ya ya I know, it's a life and all that. HUH. What about people who use contraceptive methods and all those other millions of sperms die without fertilising the stupid egg?! You don't think they're living, do you? Like us, they need nutrients to live. That's what the semen's for! So if you really feel that abortion is a serious no-no, then stop masturbating or having sex. Okay, right now I'm just pissed off.

Then he questioned me, what if there's a war and I got raped. I'd still abort it, I think. I don't know. I might not be prepared. And maybe everytime I look at the kid's eyes I'd think of the raping encounter. And I don't even like kids. And I also know that our Earth is already being overpopulated by humans, what more will that child leave on Earth? Discover another mathematical equation like Einstein? Or what about the massive carbon footprint he'll leave on our atmosphere? Seriously, I really think we don't need any extra people on Earth.

I'm cynical, I know. I'm cruel, too. Cruelly practical. No matter how Singapore or Netherlands may say that we're facing an underpopulation of human beings crisis, I don't pity us. Because underpopulation only relates to the bloody economy that the government may try to get us feel affected by it through saying that we have less chance of being supported by when we're old. Maybe, maybe not.

Economy = Money = Greed
This is where we're getting at. Everyone wants to enjoy a good quality of living. But at what bloody expense? I know not everyone is made to be delibrately guilty of these things I say, but I'M JUST PISSED.
I'm pissed like after I watched The Inconvenient Truth.
I'm pissed like I was after I watched Sharkwater.
And after you've watched and seriously UNDERSTAND enough to empathise, you'd feel that if there is a God, then he created us for nothing.

I don't believe in God. I might be insensitive, but I seriously don't care. You might say that he does have a reason for creating us. Er ya, by allowing us to evolve and become too intelligent for our own sake? Our intelligence actually equates to our downfall, our stupidity. Animals don't exploit. Animals don't take more than what they need from Nature. I use the word 'evolve', because I really believe in it, despite what many religions may believe that evolution contradicts their beliefs.

So Charles Darwin, I'm behind you all the way.

It really amused me to see what this cardinal guy in the Vatican elusively avoiding the host's question about climate change in his Bible and it's seems almost obvious he's not doing anything about what his post in there requires him to do. Is it? Or is it not?

Talking about Religion. I always feel really sad during the seventh month, to see the billions of chinese on Earth burning those gold foil papers and offering incense to pay respect to their ancestors. Somehow it has always striked me odd that would God want us to add further pollution/CO2 to Earth? I don't think so right.

When I say humans are non-permanent, I mean it. I mean, don't you think at the rate at we're going, our constant need for improvement, the constant need for electricity and technology, our way of thinking of living only for the present moment, will have us killed, destroyed. Our pro-creating wouldn't matter anymore. Underpopulation and getting to work, making the grade, wouldn't even matter.
What's the use when we're creating a path of not only our own, but our children and our children's children destruction?
Look at our state of future non-permanence.

Think about it.