Saturday, April 05, 2008

Back!

I'm back from Cambodia! Well, at first I wasn't really looking forward to it and I kept dreaming about doing office work. As in actual work. I wonder how my brain think about all those ISO processes when I'm sleeping. Weird. Anyway, I met Tony last Saturaday before I left and we watched The Bucket List and bumped into Walter at Lido! After that I met up with Fatty, Tracy and Kai Mun. We ate at some place and rushed off to BJ for some really stupid movie called Jiang Shan Mei Ren.

I'd really like to complain about the show. I think it's as bad or even worse than that 10000 BC. OMG firstly, Kelly Chen was horrible. I know my chinese sucks but ohmygod, I've got nothing to say. The plot was horrible, Leon Lai's presence was kinda like just a stupid extra role they added in for romance and I think they really overlooked Donnie Yen's role. The fighting was great but the romance was hilarious. Dialogue sucked like a mad pig and we four were laughing at the 'romantic' parts.

Anyway, about 10000BC. I think the show was a flop. Damn horrible. I booed when the mammoths were GALLOPPING, I booed when the saber-toothed tiger appeared in that town near/in Africa and booed even louder when the blue-eyed girl got brought back to life.
WHY?! I'll tell you why. Mammoths have to run, with at least 3 feet on the ground at one time! So maybe it's not really running but like brisk-walking? And Saber-toothed Tigers were found during the ice-age. AFRICA!? And the last one. Damn stupid. Why does the girl have mascara on!!!!!!? I mean, when she was crying there were streaks of smudged mascara on her cheeks.

If my mom were there, she'd say, "HAO SEOU!". She kinda explained it to mean good semen or something like that, when it actually means 'that's so bloody far-fetched!'.

Mascara you know! Okay, maybe the egyptians had that eye thing they drew to represent the eye of horus to symbolise you know, wholeness, healing, strength and perfection. I saw this pseudo-egyptian that appeared during prom last year. HAHA!

Anyway, after that we went home and I had to wake up at 2.30am to get to the airport for my flight at 6am. Damn horrible. I was like half-dead. We took the flight by Jetstar and it felt much better than SIA. There's this really gross smell in SIA that makes me have very very bad air-sickness.

Well, reaching there our tour-guide was waiting for us and we went to some restaurant for the well-known glass-noodles. It tasted not bad. There was even the chicken taste in the noodles! But I was thoroughly appalled by the cleaning. When we approached this table, this waitress used her cloth to sweep the food on the table to the floor and there once when she sweeped this piece of meat to the floor near my shoe, in between my legs. I had to like jumped with my legs far apart to avoid her incoming flying-meat assault. Damn sick. There was food on the chair that after seeing my disgusted face she moodily sweeped it off to the floor.

After that, we went to Angkor Wat. It was damn bloody hot! The tour guide said it'd be almost 43 degrees celsius in midday and it wasn't even midmorning. I nearly died of over-sweating if anyone can die of that. Angkor Wat's a really nice place and I can understand why it's one of the seven wonders of the world. Anyway, we're in Siem Reap for the first 2 days and it's much better than Phom Phenh to me, since it's much more tourist-friendly.

We stayed at Angkor Holiday Hotel. Cambodia's really dry, hot and arid. When we were trying to get back onto the bus, there were kids trying to sell us stuff and because I didn't have any money then I couldn't buy anything and there were pleading and jostling me around I nearly couldn't get onto the bus! My favourite Guess shirt was like a darker brown from all my sweat when it's already a dark brown color.

Then we went to this Ta Phrom temple where one part of Tomb Raider was filmed and it was really nice! It's famous for the trees growing on the roofs of the temples, causing them to collapse. Then we went to this place called Thousand faces of Buddha I think. It was damn nice.

That night we had a full body massage. It was only like 12 USD!!!!!!!!!!! And there was this promotion thing going on, so it was only like 7+, 8 dollars! Damn cheap okay! I mean, if you convert back to Sing dollars, it'd only be like S$9!!! The funny thing was, we thought we'd have to be like fully naked so after I bathed I had my towel wrapped around me but it kept dropping off, so my sister and I chose to put on our pyjamus. But my mom was the first to finish with her bathing so she was sleeping with the towel wrapped around her.

The people came and when we asked, "Er..need to take off clothes?"
"No no no no!! No take off!"
And my mother didn't have time to wear back her clothes so she got her massage wearing her towel. I kept bursting out with laughter mid-massage because sometimes it involved like huge movements where the person would stretch your body quite vigorously and I was desperately hoping that my mom's towel would fall off. Amazingly, it didn't fall off throughout that hour! Well, that was the end of the first day there.

I'm still in the 'I'm in Cambodia' mood. I just hate the dirtiness and the weather there. But other than that Phom Phenh was worse in terms of cleanliness and security so ya. The stuff there is so bloody cheap!

I'll continue another day. My father's trying to Skype me and I'm trying to film my mom's boobs. HAHA!