Nicholas was...
older than sin, and his beard could grow no whiter. He wanted to die.
The dwarvish natives of the Arctic caverns did not speak his language, but conversed in their own, twittering tongue, conducted incomprehensible rituals, when they were not actually working in the factories.
Once every year they forced him, sobbing and protesting, into Endless Night. During the journey he would stand near every child in the world, leave one of the dwarves' invisible gifts by its bedside. The children slept, frozen into time.
He envied Prometheus and Loki, Sisyphus and Judas. His punishment was harsher.
Ho.
Ho.
Ho.
Smokes and Mirrors, Neil Gaiman.
Deck the Halls (a revised v. by Daemonicus)
Deck the halls with troughs of vomit,
Fah la la la la, rar rar rar blech.
Tis' the season for creepy crawlies,
Fah la la la la, rar rar rar roar!
Don we now our 'gay' apparels
Fah la la la, la la la, rar rar rar ooo!
Throw the ancient bedside manners,
Fah la la la la, rar rar rar snore.
Set the gifts ablaze before us,
Fah la la la la, rar rar rar BOOM!
Strike the bells and join our guillotine,
Fah la la la la, rar rar rar slash.
Follow us in slaying Santa,
Fah la la la la, rar you best RUN!
While we tell of bedtime nightmares,
Fah la la la la, rar rar rar AHHHH!
Fast away children fades to darkness,
Fah la la la la, rar rar rar ... ...
Hail the new year, swords and bosoms,
Fah la la la la, rar rar rar rar.
Sing thus boring, all together,
Fah la la la la, rar rar rar YAWN.
Heedless of the stench and urea,
Fah la la la la, rar rar rar--phew! This stinks.
Sorry to spoil all your Christmas mood but well, TNBC taught me to view X'Mas in another light.
Feeling empty and depressed for a sudden.
Anyway, went out with Tracy the other day to chill out, calm my thoughts and we seriously did some stupid stuff near midnight in Taka. Anyway, it was fun. Took all sorts of funny videos and photos. Miss you Tracy Lee! I bet the security guard spied on us through his camera and thats why he came to chase us away.
It was pouring like mad pigs with blasted bladders the past week. I've realised something from the past til' now. Everytime it rains, something bad happens to me and most likely, like the weather, I'd be in a depressing mood. And I guess last week's freak weather further prove this 'theory' of mine. And you all know that Singapore has tropical weather and it always rain, therefore I'm expected to be a depressed person most of the time.
I've found a new author to be trusted on thriller/mysteries books. James Collins! I swallowed up 2 of his books in 3 days already. He's almost as good as Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. The best thing is, the two authors wrote reviews for his books! I'm so going to start on Ice Hunt soon.
I went shopping with my mom on Saturday and boy, malls were sardine-packed with people. And my mom walked damn slowly, pausing damn often to view this and that. ARGH. I was damn annoyed with tonnes of kids who blocked my way in the quest of finding Des's X'Mas gift.
Then finally! At AX, I bought a belt at 50% for him! Don't think that 50% the price would be really low, it's so not. And the stupid salesman bluffed me! He was like, "Oh yeah, a size 36 belt will fit all sizes, even me and I'm like a 31."
Oh whatever, he was quite plump and looked more like a 36 himself.
I gave Des his gift and it doesn't fit him! Anyway, we would have to go back and poke more holes. And maybe I should take a compass and poke the salesman eyes out. I got a few X'Mas gifts. My eldest sis gave me a shirt and a box of Cadbury bars. I don't understand how come my sis still don't remember I'm more of a black person but well, I'm happy with the shirt. The wrapper she used is so damn cute! ANd I bought a black punk rock shirt for my little niece, Hele!
So far, the present I absolutely love the most are the Children of Bodom cds my second sis gave me!!! Okay, she knows my taste I guess. I LOVE IT! I just wished that no one's home and I can blast the cds on the machine and headbang my way to death.
Not that extreme, anyway.
Tomorrow's Touch Rugby chalet and after that's class chalet. Friendly, I've heard its on the 30th and Tracy agreed to go clubbing with me! I think I should bring a vacuum cleaner there, suck up all the smoke. I just hope I won't look so erm, green there or do stupid things because I can't dance and when I try, I look like a mad pig with a broken back. I'm like visualising one right now.
Anyway, I'm hungry and I guess I should end here. Adios!