Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Adele Is A Little Too Fat.



I know I'm slow, but recently I was reading Pink Is The New Blog and I heard about Karl Lagerfeld saying that Adele is his favourite singer, but she's a little too fat. Although she's got a really great voice and yada yada.

I don't get what's all the hoohaa about him insulting Adele.

In what way is he insulting her?

She is a little too fat.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of her voice/songs. 

In fact, I've only heard about her on radio or when shops play her songs. 

I only liked her famous song "Rolling in the Deep" when I saw this video of a female Marine singing her song (which I feel is wayyyy better than her version).

Honestly, I think those people who are angry about this are the people who are a little chubby or fat.

Call it mean, or whatever. But she IS fat!



I was shocked when I saw her MTV and saw how plump she is.


I mean, look at that. How is that, NOT FAT???


And yo man, what's the deal with hating Karl Lagerfeld, who is a fashion designer and have a trained eye to look out for....excessive fats?

It's not like he's truly insulting her.

That would be like, "Heyo, that Adele lady is so fat, she can't fit through the door..."

Etc etc, (insert your own stupid fat joke here).

Super dumb.

I was 49kg and for my height at 158-160 (I can never know what's my real height because I've had conflicting measurements through these few years!?!!??!), and I felt I was fat, although I'm sure my BMI never exceeded Adele's.

I felt grossed out by my weight gain and my unhealthiness (it was then when I started to have bacne problems and all that) so I lost that 4kg.

And what's up with all the comments about standing up for obese/overweight/fat people?

Okay, it's great to protect plump people.

But saying how many of such people can't lose weight because of genetics and etc.

HELLO.

I study Psychology and I've learned about that specific disease. 

It's called Prader-Willi Syndrome.

For causes, symptoms and all that, go here....


AND.

If you wanna know how rare it actually is, (or for people who don't know enough about Bio/genetics to know what IS rare...)

Go here.


I think it's by choice that many people become overweight.

Look at the Fast Food Nation like the US where it's cheaper to eat fast food versus healthier options and hence, higher number of obese people there.

Look, you are what you eat, so don't go hating on people who say you're fat, when, 
YOU ARE FAT!

When people said I gained weight or I looked fatter then, did I cry?

Or hated them?

I didn't, because it was true!
I admit, it was a bit hurtful. But I took them as constructive and it spurred me to lose weight!

Because I did gain weight and I was fatter.

I'm not one of those who think EVERYONE has to be stick-thin skinny.

No, anorexic people are not healthy.

I'm talking about being slim.

Looks are everything.

I firmly believe that if one day I develop a crazy disease like many huge moles on my body or suddenly turn hairy, or even lose all my hair, Sid will be less physically attracted to me.
You can't deny it!

In some African cultures, being overweight is good, because it means you're wealthy enough to provide food (especially for your wife). 
I once saw a documentary where a young wife was force fed goat's milk every single day until she gained a lot of weight. And in that society, that was considered good, and normal.
Or even beautiful.

Anyway, it's a male-ego thing la.

But in our society, looks are everything. Being slim is attractive.
And you can't deny it.

You may be very fat and hate people calling you fat.


What about the "Tree-man" with abnormal growth of warts all over his face and body.
You cringe (even if it's inwardly) when you see him too, right?
Out of pity, sadness, and whatever.
But you still cringe, because you don't look like he does, or have his condition.

I'm not saying slim people cringe at fat people, I'm just giving an analogy.

And it's not that Adele is just a bit chubby.

She is kinda fat.

So it's not like we're insulting a fairly healthy chubby girl here...

Anyway, don't wanna rant on anymore.

On a different note, I hate being a woman during my time of the month.
When I get my horribly painful cramps, I wish I could remove my uterus to avoid this once a month thing.

I mean, imagine having your menses during a nuclear/zombie apocalypse.
Won't the zombies smell my period blood?!
OMG.

Okay. Calm down.

And it's not like I really want to have a child in the future.

Wait there.
I hate it when I say this and people (especially if they're older than me) say that I'm still young, I'll change my mind in the future about kids and all that, or I've never experienced having a child, etc...

SHUT UP.

I've never liked kids, and I never will.

Unless my kid have that mixed look or is from Caucasian stock (HAHA. You can't deny they look so much cuter! With the blue eyes and sharp nose and everything) and is super obedient and quiet.
And during their teenage years, don't have too much of hormonal tantrums and get difficult.

See?

Having a child is so unpredictable right!?!?

I'm too selfish.
That I know.

And I believe I'll get depression after getting pregnant.
With all the stretch marks and weight gain and all that.

I've already had depression before, and I got over it. 
Who is to say I won't get it again with my hormones going crazy again.

Although, I think the only thing holding me back is the loss of hormones that help me look youthful and all that, and the fact that one day, I might want to have a kid, just for probable insurance sake.
Like you know, take care of me after I grow old.
And that is if they're not assholes and forsake me after I've brought them up or something.
Or I suddenly become stupid and forget about what I've just said.
(I'm not saying people who have kids is stupid. I'm saying for my case, because I really think I shouldn't have a child due to my personality.)

People have always told me that I'm great with kids.
I don't know why but they just like me, and I can engage them at their level to keep them interested.
But talking about a long term commitment of this?

I shudder at the thought of that.

Sigh.

Okay, time to do work.