Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, Hele!


Happy birthday, Hele!


Putting on her cream lipstick.

So it was my niece's birthday party yesterday. All the decorations and stuff were in pink, my eldest sister was busy to the point of going crazy, and the food my sister cooked and planned was great!

Sometimes, I think back to my childhood days. 
Because the age gap between my sisters and I are so huge, by the time I was about 9, my eldest sister was already in NUS studying. I remember one night she brought me to go jogging with her at Nanyang Gardens or whatever it's called (my old house was across NTU).

It's like a 21 year old person, who is almost an adult already, jogging with a stupid 9 year old!?
Why she bother to entertain me ah!? Haha!
I don't remember but I probably couldn't keep up with her half the time?

I really wonder why my eldest sister bothered to let me tag along sometimes. To her outings with friends at Karaokes and stuff, on her dates, going jogging...

I mean, it could be that I'm like an "insurance plan" for her, so my mom would worry less about her doing hanky panky stuff with her bf and whatnot when they meet with my beautiful presence, or like my mom would be less angry because it's like going out with me, and not really her friends, hahaha!
Great plan, Tarts.

Then I think about how after she got married and stuff, she'd still ask/let me stay over her place and do really nice things for me. So there's no need for that insurance plan anymore right? But she sort of still "wanted" me around. 
Although we have a 12 year age gap, but I feel like I'm closer to her than my second sister.
We like the same stupid horror movies like those killer mutant animals going on rampages and killing sprees, or Chinese HK zombie movies, food cravings and stuff like that.

Or it could be because we share the same zodiac...

Sure we've had our ups and downs in the past, but she has never been outright mean to me.

I know it's selfish, but there are certain times when I really miss my Tarties, without a daughter. I mean, I know a child is a part of the parent's life, but I like hanging out with my sister, as a sister and not a mom.

I love my Tarties.
She's kind of the person I look up to in my family.

Anyway, this semester is really stressful. 
Every module I have to do a report. And each report is at least like a 2000 word essay. 
Out of my 5 modules, I have to do 3 presentations. 
And this is my FYP year. 
Shucks.

Okay, time to sleep.