My mom told me that night at Batu Pahat, she caught my niece eating out of the dustbin...
The story went like this.
My eldest sister was craving for chips, so we were shopping in the mall and she bought 2 packs.
Later that night, before sleeping, she and my second sister was eating from one of the packets. I didn't eat it because I already brushed my teeth.
My niece saw and kept asking for chips. My sister gave in to her demands and let her have some.
My niece was sharing the bed with my parents, so I guess when my sister went to throw the empty packet of chips away in the dustbin, my niece went to pick crumbs out from the discarded bag in the bin. And my mom caught her.
I was horrified so I told my sisters and my eldest sister's husband.
I was saying this is worst than when I tried turtle food, which EVERYONE thinks is me being gross and greedy..
Honestly, I really don't see anything wrong with that.
It's not like I eat it on a daily basis right.
I only tried, just to taste it.
In fact, I'm very proud to admit that I tasted cat food (dry and wet), fish food, dog food, turtle food and hammy food.
What's wrong with that? Why is it gross?
Next time when got war or zombie apocalypse, you don't ask me for help k.
And they say I'm greedy?
If I'm greedy, I'd finish the whole bottle of food...
My second sister is still trying to humiliate me with this. It's so dumb.
It's like at least I didn't taste my own shit like some kids right?
Or I didn't eat out of a dustbin?
Or like eat your own ear shit or something gross like that.
Why is eating animal food gross?
I don't get it!
I really don't!
I really don't!
It's not like it's raw or whatever right?
At least it's processed?
I don't eat live worms/crickets (for snake/spider food) and I don't know, tadpoles and etc for turtle food?
My second sister just likes to put me in a tough spot and try to humiliate me with old stories like that...
Like how I killed the pet chicks I had (actually they didn't die, one of them just got brain dead) by hanging them in a bag and hooked them on the pole which dropped and hit one of the chicks on the head, when I was changing the box.
She just loooooooooves to 'humiliate' me with that story.
Doesn't she freaking realise I was what, Primary 3 at that time? Was it really my fault?
Okay, I guess so but whatever.
She just loves to be 'right' and everyone else is wrong.
Going back to the story...
It's like how did the indigenous people try which food are edible and which are not right.
I'm not saying I'm in the same position as them, but you know what I mean.
It's just like that day I was bathing because I was going out.
I mean, there's no other reason for me to bathe at 11am in the morning right. Either I go out after that, or I'm going to stay home. And she asked very loudly, in front of my mom to see her reaction.
"ER, WHY YOU BATHE SO EARLY!?"
I don't think bathing at 11am is early lo.
I'm not like her, can go out the whole day and didn't bathe before that and all the way until at night before sleeping then bathe!?
YUCKS!
My mom got angry when she heard what she said so she screamed, "YOU BETTER DON'T GO OUT BEFORE VACUUMING THE FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I could almost sense my sister's smugness from the kitchen la.
That I was being screamed at. But she dug her own grave because she had to vacuum the floor, since I was going out. HAHA!
I feel that my parents have always treated me unfairly.
Not that I don't appreciate what I have. I do. I'm lucky I was born in a middle class family in Singapore, with everything provided and cared for.
I always got hand me downs, I never got piano lessons because my eldest sister learnt a few lessons and gave up, so my mom didn't want to 'waste' that money on me again, I never got new books that I wanted to read when I was young (unlike my sisters), I never got an English name because my mom hated me for being a girl and because my eldest sister hated her name "Wendy" (or so she told my mom so she said she'll let us choose our own English name, but it's so different lo, I had to grow up my whole life being called Wan Er and Weiner k).
And just because I'm the youngest, they ALWAYS take advantage of me.
I don't shout back at them or lose my temper like my second sister, so they're not afraid of me.
I had to start vacuuming the stupid house earlier than my sisters.
Blah blah blah.
I know, sound very petty.
My mother always say I never help out in the house.
Compared to my sister?
They're very calculative right?
How about the 2+ years my sister stayed at my eldest sister's place because it was near to her school and almost every weekend I vacuumed the house?
Or, how about I had to wash my own school shoes from Primary 5 and my sister started in Secondary school?
THEY WANT TO BE CALCULATIVE WITH ME?!
I can very well shout all this back at them right. But I don't.
Sigh. Can't wait to move out. Or my second sister finds a bf and get married. Or (I know it's mean), suddenly gets pregnant and have to marry and move out.
I really don't like sharing a room with her.
For personal reasons.