So I've always hated my name. As in my name, Wen Er. It sucks to be mispronounced all the time, and usually I have to repeat my name once I've introduced myself.
How daft can people get, really? Especially if you're reading my name out loud from a piece of paper?
It's Wen Er.
Not:
(1) Wee-ner, OR
(2) Wan Er, OR
(3) Wern Er, OR
(4) Wen Errrrrhh
And most certainly, not Wen Neh.
I sort of pardon my cousin for calling me 'Weng Er', I said SORT OF, because of his apparent hard-to-kick china accent.
Anyway, I know I've said this before but I was only born because my mother hoped I was a boy, and when it turned out I was a girl, she refused to look at me, or even name me. So since the girls in my family must have the 'Wen' in their names, my grandma took on the job of naming me, the 'Er' in chinese means 'son', since my mother wanted so badly to have one.
Okay, on another point, I was signing up for the POSB debit card thing and I was thinking about what name should I put on the card. I was thinking 'Daemonicus', but it seems so...poseur. And can you imagine if the waiter like ask me to sign, "Er...Ms Daemonicus, please sign here."
Or, my male persona, 'David Chip'. Okay, I only used that name for my email address profile because my dad always told me not to put my real name in stuff like that. So, since I kinda like the guy name David, and at that time I was eating chips in front of the computer, I put in 'David Chip' as my profile name. LOL.
Then I thought of the waiter saying, "Er...Ms David Chip, will you sign here?"
I immediately scratched that option out.
Then I thought, how about 'Renew Nat'? It's the opposite of my name Tan Wener...It sounded quite weird, so I ended up with just putting 'Wener Tan' on the stupid card.
My mom suddenly blurted out from behind me, put 'Hoon Kee' la.
I HUH?-ed her and she laughed. Apparently, she said she wanted to name me Hoon Kee if I were a girl. OMG. How could she have done this to me when I was still in her womb! MEAN! I mean, doesn't Hoon Kee mean like 'cigarette' in Teochew? Hoon Kee is like the English version of 'Wen Fen'.
I feel like dying. I told Tracy about it the next day and we were having a good laugh about it, like how when I introduce myself I'd be like, "Hi, I'm Hoon Kee..." from "Hi, I'm Wener."
Eews. I mean, see the sexual discrimination! From a boy's name Julian (If I were a boy) still not bad, to Hoon Kee(If I were a girl).
Hello.
Hoon Kee - Julian.
Julian - Hoon Kee.
Anyone would die with that name! I'm like so thank God, if there is one, for my grandma's intervention with the 'Wen Er' naming.
Anyway, I miss Fatty. Can he like stop going back to China.
I can't wait to go Hokkaido next month.
Omg, cold cold cold. Winter winter winter. Big crab legs, big crab legs, big crab legs.