Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oh dear government, don't sue me for going against your campaign for more babies!

That day I was in parent's car on the way to school when I suddenly thought about kids, having them, in general. I mean, I've always known I don't like them, much less want to have them, but also, I think they might be my last plan for retirement.

Because,

Having kid/s = money = stretchmarks = more possibility of man having an affair = undue stress = post-natal depression = more carbon footprint on our already dying Earth = etc etc

Let's talk first about money. Money, one of the main things why we slog so hard in school and backstab others for that promotion in work, because promotion equals more money. See, kids nowadays demand, indirectly or directly money from parents. Check out the latest toys they have in stores. What happened to pick-up sticks and using fallen leaves in garden, wrapping up stones as ketupat or whatever?!

Ohmygod, and that's not the worst thing. Last time we had gameboys, now? PSP. I think there are still kids playing gameboys though. Anyway, have you looked around in public places and realise that nowadays, even kids in primary schools carry a bloody cellphone that looks like it's a few hundred models after your own? See? MONEY. I guess we don't have to pamper our kids, that much. But everything nowadays seem to be a necessity where in the old days, our days, it's an indulgence.

Bringing up a child needs a lot of money. School fees, money to pay for school books, bus fares, school bags, shoes, for the maid, tuition fees, extra classes in piano or whatever. Everything's increasing. Money is quite important to me, so I really don't see a point in spending so much for another person in the family. Selfishness. I don't think I can give my love to a child besides my husband. Maybe I could, if I love him that much.

Next, the other factors that comes with pregnancy. STRETCHMARKS! Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod. Didn't the bible or something said the our body is a temple? I think having a baby = stretchmarks is overdoing it. It's such a big sacrifice. I'm too selfish for it. Furthermore, there are hardly any men in this world that really treasure what their wives do for them anymore. I have THAT little faith in them.

So, with stretchmarks and loose skin and gained weight comes the higher possiblity of the husband having an affair. I understand the female temptation. But I don't agree with it. It's just like porn. I don't see why men need to see it and their stupid excuse of 'if you say you've not watched porn, you're lying'. Come on, did our cavemen Neanderthals ancestors had the chance to use a computer and type P-O-R-N on Google and click on the 1st website they see and get that ultimate pleasure? HUH HUH? NO.

So if you want to argue that they didn't need to! They had naked woman running around them last time!

Ya right. What about our ICE AGE ancestors?! What, naked ice age woman running around with their boobs swinging while hunting that Mammoth? Hello, don't say women didn't have a part in hunting last time. THEY DID. And don't be stupid to try and argue your case. If women can control their desires, SO CAN YOU. Its all a matter of the weakness of the mind. Sorry, I'm just a bit worked up. I understand that since you were young, you've been accessing to such sites, so maybe you're pardoned.

Okay, so post-natal depression. I'm pretty sure if I got pregnant, I'd have it. Really. I will. I haven't even got pregnant and I've gotten depression before, what would stretchmarks and a baby crying all night long do to my mind? Plus, the raging hormones.

Lastly, I've said before about I'd rather save an animal than a child. I don't know. I've always felt that humans receive enough help. You say it's precisely this reason why I think this way that there aren't enough people helping out the poor or orphans, but what about the animals? How many organisations are there to REALLY help animals and plants out? It's because of these extra people being given birth that it indirectly and directly contributing to global warming and the extinction of endangered species!

I don't want to have a child to increase the added CO2 in our atmosphere. I don't want to cause the Earth to die out faster because of my offspring. You might say that I'm going against Nature, but haven't human beings done enough of 'going-against-nature' already? I don't want my child to use stacks of foolscap paper in her whole life to kill more trees! I don't even want her breathing to decrease the levels of oxygen and increasing the CO2! I don't know why I say 'her'.

I'm selfish, steadfast on my beliefs and pessimistic. But at least I look at things in a different way. THE MORE REALISTIC WAY. And maybe very practical way.

I can't wait for human beings to die out. We will, soon. Maybe even my generation. I don't know.

I don't believe in a God. But if there's one, what's taking him so long?