Tuesday, October 09, 2012

CHEAP, MUCH?

So I haven't been blogging for a long time, mainly because I've been really busy with work and all the other time I have left is faster surfing my FB, watching shows and etc. 
LOL.

I had a great bday news today. Which I don't think I should say here...A bit too sensitive, haha!

By the way, I took leave today because I was frankly sick of work and wanted a day of rest, in the name of celebrating my "special" day :)

Work is fine, and my colleagues so far are really nice, but...you know...

Anyway, no offense, but my dad is seriously damn cheap.

If you say I'm cheap, then wait til' you read what I'm about to say...

So today is my birthday, and as you know, I've never really seen much importance in it.

My mom and grandma gave me angpaos, and my Dad begrudgingly followed suit when he saw what they did.

He asked my mom whether can borrow money but my mom didn't have any spare cash at home, and one thing you should know about my Dad is...
He's one of those annoying people who withdraws very little cash at a time in the name of trying to save money (withdraw a little so he's forced to not spend as much), but he "uses" other people around him by borrowing money when he's out with them.

So annoying!

I know a lot of people like that, you know!

Everyday, short of cash, then I have to pay a bit for them.
WTH.
Not paiseh one ah.

Anyway, since my mom didn't have, and he didn't have the courage to ask my grandma for money, so he asked to borrow from me instead....
-_-"

For money to be given back to me again?

I asked him, "Why? Aiya, if you want to give angpao, just give what you have la. Why take money from me to give it back to myself..."

Then he kept nagging at me about it so I had to open my grandma's angpao, and mind you, she's not exactly rich, and she gave me like $40! More than my Dad EVER gave me for ANY angpaos in my whole life.

So when I opened it and passed it to him, he saw she gave $40 and started saying like now I'm working, she shouldn't need to give me so much, this and that.

What the fish.

So what if I'm working?!

Then he came and gave me back another angpao to me, from him.

Guess how much?

$12...

So in fact, he only gave me $2.

Now, I don't really care about the amount that people gives me, but from this whole situation, he sent me a very strong message of....

CHEAP, MUCH?  

And he said he'll return the $10 to me...
I don't think he will, because he always does this kind of things...

In another line of story, every month I've been giving my parents about $150 each for allowance, and I give my Dad a hundred extra to pay for the petrol costs because I'm using the car. Bear in mind that I will be paying a portion of the car insurance and road tax too.
So in total, I give him $250 each month, adding to my mom's portion, I give them about $400.

I do intend to give them more but I'm really trying to save for my future.

I'm trying to set aside at least 1.1k a month.

Anyway, last month I pumped petrol once and I thought I could give him just $50 for the petrol, so I only passed him $200 instead of $250.
I did tell him I pumped petrol before that out of my own pocket.

Then when I came home from work one night he asked me why I gave him so little that month.

I told him why and he started going on about me being calculative, how he brought me up and I'm ungrateful and shit.

WHAT THE FISH.

Look who's talking about being calculative!

Who was the one who brought it up in the first place?!

And recently he took up an auditing job with NTUC, and he earns about $10 an hour.

That's like a lot right?!

Wa lao!

Last time, when I was working at my sister's company I only got like $6.50 an hour! And that's the rate she quoted for her own sister...
I had to work in the warehouse carrying shit-heavy things and stupid odd jobs!

And he still complained that his is too little?!
He was also going on about how compared to his previous job, it was only like 1/10 of his pay per hour...

I just feel like telling him this...

Dear Dad, 

Your glory days are over. And the more you talk about money, the more you make us despise you, sometimes...

I wouldn't say his job is easy, but $10/hour is really quite good, so I just wish that he won't complain so much about money. He also kept saying he has to work because we don't give him enough, and he is depleting his savings because he's not working.

THAT IS WHAT RETIREMENT IS FREAKING ABOUT, PLEASE!!!!!

WAKE UP! 
AND STOP LIVING IN YOUR ROLLING-IN-MONEY DREAMS!!!

So angry.

And that day, I came home and he started shouting at me for not switching off the router after sleeping, draining the electricity and the bill came up to $200+ that month, etc etc.

Number one, I ALWAYS sleep before my sister. So I am not the last person using it, nor do I switch it on in the first place.

Number two, he also blamed me because I was the last person to reach home.

LIKE WTF IS WRONG WITH HIS REASONING CAPABILITIES!?

Is there something seriously wrong with him?

He also started threatening that if the next month the bill comes up to so much again, my sister and I would have to pay the bills too.

THIS, IS WHY I WANT TO MOVE OUT ASAP.

Just now, my dad asked me what is the meaning of "faith".

I just told him off-hand that it means solely believing in something even without solid proof that it exists/happen.

Then he was like, "Oh, so like believe in it then become good or become rich, right?"

I told him off straightaway, "Pa, if you're only going to Church and believing in such things just because of the off-chance of becoming rich, then you are going to Church for the wrong reasons."

Damn, am I angsty.