I just got my results for my teaching internship during the summer holidays...
I got a pass.
Just to be clear, I only just realised that this internship is awarded a pass/fail grade.
WHICH FREAKING MEANT THAT ALL THAT EFFORT I PUT INTO SUCKING UP AND WORKING SO HARD WAS FOR A BLOODY PASS.
And I got shit alllllll the time from one of my teaching supervisors. He's the master delegator and he kept asking me to do his shit work and assigning me things at the last minute
>:(
Angry.
Anyway, I received an email from MOE telling me I'm offered the teaching award. I think it means if I apply and get selected in the final rounds of interviewing, I'll go into NIE for a year of study in Teaching and get paid S$800 monthly (which is not bad!) and after that I'll have to serve a bond for 3 years in teaching.
What I was planning to do with my future is....
(1) Be a forensic psychologist.
My dad thought it's something like forensic sciences/pathologist, which it is NOT. It's more of studying/researching why terrorists/murderers/pedophiles/etc behave and act that way, what they felt/think when they were committing the crimes, profiling them.
Like Criminal Minds?
I believe I'm quite good with this, observations and inference and stuff. A lot of the stuff the prof was talking about I noticed and okay, I'll not go on if not it might seem like I'm bragging.
I just feel I might have a bit of interest in this field...
However, after my very sad graded essay and presentation for this module, I'm afraid I can't do well in it anymore. Very, very sad.
I shall not complain here.
And I believe my prof has a bad impression of me after I questioned him about my essay.
SAD T_T
Also, I heard that they try to hire people with at least 2nd Upper Class Honours...
My prof said they try to hire people who are plain looking and when you go and interview suspects, you must dress down.
I don't know if I can actually face the prisoners/suspects without trying to kill them when they say awful things. I don't know if I can maintain my composure....
(2) Work as a counsellor.
You know, school counseling and stuff like that.
I've always thought it's a relatively "slack" job.
You know, all those young, impressionable minds that I can influence into my warped sense of rationality...HAHAHAHA.
So I searched for courses to further my qualifications after I graduate.
There's a Masters in Counselling and Guidance but if taken full-time it's 2 years and the course fees is like 20+k.....
And although the website says I can ask to be exempted from retaking up to 2 modules, if I have taken it up before, I need to have scored a minimum grade of B.
One is my stats module (which I really, really hate and I swear I'll never do again) and the other is developmental psychology.
However, I got a D+ in stats and a B- in the other!
WALAO. Can't they offer modules which I scored better in!? Any other modules!?!??!
And that 2 stupid D+ (for both my stats core modules) costed me. It really pulled down my GPA. Die.
Very worried. And stressed.
So I'm very reluctant/afraid to take up Masters.
Next, I found an NIE Diploma course in School Counselling, which is something I want, and is only 6 months!
However, in the "Can I apply" part, they say "Course participants are nominated and sponsored by Ministry of Education, Singapore. They are teachers who have working experience in pastoral care, guidance and counselling."
Sorry but, WTH!?
Does that mean only teachers can take up this course?
And nominated ones as well!?
HOW!?????
I am very confused, so I sent an email to the guy they asked me to send to if we have any enquiries. But the indian guy has not replied me for 4 days. Eeyer!
So I called his number.
NO ANSWER.
WHAT!?
So I sent an email to NIE admin services.
Hopefully they'll reply me tomorrow.
I'd rather take up this Diploma though.
Cheaper, shorter period of time and NO STATS.
Frankly, I have a problem with interacting with people in general, especially strangers. So I don't know if I can deal with this. Thinking on my feet, asking them questions, guiding people and etc.
(3) DXO in Ministry of Defence.
I saw on the website that there are many positions I can apply for. I'm thinking this is my
best option so far.
I do hope they're not too strict on grades though.
Although I think they probably would be. Most government jobs do require it...
(4) Take up this teaching award thing, then apply for that diploma in counselling.
Or be a teacher.
(5) Work at IMH/any clinical settings/hospitals
Honestly, I really don't know what to do with my life.
I'm not a person with extremely high ambitions.
I just want to earn enough to get by comfortably. I don't have to be a professor or
whatnot, have Phd and etc.
I just know I don't want to be stuck in an office job with all the politics and tiny boring cubicles...
The thing is, I don't want to spend much more time studying anymore. I do know I need to further my education, because almost everyone has a degree nowadays. And a lot of people have a psych degree.
I feel like I'm damn old already.
I lost a whole year in JC, now I see my friends/classmates who took a 3-year course (w/o honours), or they went SIM and whatnot, graduating and entering the working life.
I know the student life is a bliss.
Working life sucks.
But I want to have money. Enough to I don't know, marry/get my own place/move out in the near future.
I hate sharing a room with my sister.
Sigh.
I'm whining a lot.
Too much, actually.