So I finally confirmed that my mom is slightly crazy.
Recently, she found out that I have a boyfriend, and she has been very curious about him. She kept asking me how he looks like, where/which unit he stays on the opposite block so she can spy on him, how old he is, saying he's poor because he lived in a HDB (wth), where is he working, etc etc...
So I answered her honestly about everything, except where/which unit he stays in, because she'd be spying on his kitchen window 24/7.
Honestly, I'm not sure how she found out. I've ruled out the fact that she caught us, because if she saw us, she'd confront us straightaway. Sh mentioned something that she saw on Facebook or my blog.
MUST BE ONE OF YOU READ MY BLOG THEN TELL HER RIGHT?! >:(
Okay anyway, so that day ______ and I wanted to have dinner, and before that I was studying in my room. My mom asked me whether he has a car, I said, "Why you want to know?"
"SURE DON'T HAVE ONE LA!"
Meaning that she thinks he's poor.
I hate my mom and her superficial-ness.
The only reason why she pardoned my sis for liking my sister's husband (bf back then) was because he was erm, 'rich', to her. Because he lived in Holland or something.
So when she kept saying how poor ______ is, I asked her why she thinks that way.
She said because he's living in a HDB.
I told her we're living in a HDB too.
She said we're different because we used to live in a condo.
I was damn pissed off. So I told her he used to stay in landed property, just to shut her up (er, he did).
Then she started saying that his dad's business must have gone bust, that's why he's staying in HDB now. I was damn angry, I can't believe my mom is so ignorant/naive and superficial.
He had reasons for moving out and moving to Clementi. What makes her think we're financially so much better than his family? And even if that were true, she has no right to talk about people that way right.
Wth.
Anyway, back to the story, after that I was preparing to leave the house, so I went to my mom's room toilet to pee.
I heard this person sneakily walking into the room and fishing something out from my mom's bag. You can tell the person was trying to be quiet but was unsuccessful at it...
So I finished and was walking out of the toilet when I saw my mom running very fast for the first time in my life.
She was grabbing something in her hand and she ran to sit down on the sofa.
I immediately got very suspicious and ran towards her and demanded to know what was she trying to hide in her hand that was stuffed in between the sofa cushions.
"NO LA, NOTHING!!!!"
I grabbed her hand and she opened it. To my horror, I saw she held a bunch of her house keys and her money pouch.
My suspicions were very high at that moment. I asked her why was she holding her keys, she said, "Oh, I want to cut my nails..." And she started making a show of cutting her nails...
I didn't believe her because, why then did she need a money pouch?!
So I quickly left the house and all the time I was walking, I walked normally, then suddenly turning around quickly to check if my mom followed me!
All the way, past the traffic junction, past the pet shops and hawker centres, I kept doing that.
People around and especially behind me kept getting shocked by my sudden movement and stared at me. But all the while, I didn't see her!
Until I reached the traffic junction towards the NTUC at Clementi central. I was thinking to make a dash for it as there was only 4 seconds left on the flickering green man, but I thought that would be very dangerous and I didn't think my mom was crazy enough to actually follow me.
Suddenly, I had this very uneasy feeling and I quickly turned around.
I FREAKING SAW MY MOM STANDING AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS LEADING TO THE TRAFFIC JUNCTION!!!!!
That's not the worst part.
The worst part was I saw her panting very heavily, and holding her specs with one hand and her eyes were scanning the crowd, looking for any sign of me!
Number one, I'm pretty sure she ran allllllll the way because I kept turning around and didn't see her.
And if she did, she must have did those Hong Kong/Korean drama thing when following, like hiding behind pillars to run to the next pillar and stuff...
Also, she was panting very heavily...
My mother! Running!?
My mom never runs.
Imagine a fat, fat, chubby chubby person running in grey shirt and black tights, wearing clogs...
I was panicking. I decided to not try and hide because honestly, there was no place to hide and I'd look so stupid, and I'd be just like her!
So I made myself very visible and shouted, "MOMMY!"
Her hand holding the specs turned towards me and her eyes literally widened.
She got the caught-in-the-headlights-when-I-was-caught-following-my-daughter look.
Then she ran down the stairs and acted like she wasn't looking for me...
"How come you here?!", she asked.
"I'm meeting my friend la! Why are you here?!"
"I er....going to buy fruits from NTUC!"
"Don't bluff la, I thought you always buy from the Shop and Save below our house...."
"Er....NTUC fruits fresher!"
WTH!
So we crossed the traffic junction together and she kept asking me where's ________, and I told her, "DON'T TELL YOU."
Then she let it slip out that she was following me... -_-"
I panicked so I told her I was going to the coffeeshop behind the NTUC, so we could go separate ways. She had no choice but to go NTUC and when I went towards the coffeeshop, I started running like a mad woman to where I was going to meet _______ originally.
The whole time we had dinner I felt very jumpy and scared that my mom would appear suddenly.
I seriously can't believe my mom would do such things...
OMG.