Yesterday marked the end of my touch slash contact rugby days as a cca. I'm bloody pissed because I typed a long post before this and windows had to send a really urgent report apparently, and it closed my window I was posting in. SHIT.
Well, we wanted to announce the committee last friday but not everyone was there so we decided to announce it the next day which was yesterday when we had our Blacks fun touch competition. OUR VERY LAST TOUCH COMPETITION! Sad.
Our first match was horrible. Got trashed by a Raffles team by 6-0. Guess we were too stressed out. We knew what we had to do, to draw the two men on defense in and pass it out to the winger to score the try but we were so stressed up and we handled the balls like handling shit. Okay, gross analogy but you know what I mean. Sam was quite upset about it, we didn't want to lose anymore, we went there to win something. I guess we were sick of losing. I told her not to get too upset over that match, when we would learn little by little each match and do better in the next. That it'd only affect our performance and we'd live to regret it even more later because of a breakdown. I was telling her I'd only get depressed after everything ended. And I did.
Especially when Khai Boon and Zhi Hao came and WHERE WAS UNCLE TONY? >=(
MISSING and slacking at home huh. Well, the next game was against a Temasek team and we still lost, but by a smaller margin. 3-2. Third match we won, 3-2. And I told Sam that our winning streak would start now. Fourth match was against another Temasek team, 7-1, we trashed them! It was exhilarating. WUHOO. Fifth matched we played with another team our school sent in, and it was quite wierd, I think everyone was tensed up, like what if we lost to the juniors. 2 wasted opportunities, two balls passed on to me to score hit my pinky which seriously hurt and it resulted in a dropball. Nene. It was a draw 1-1.
Our last match before the break was against NYP's Blaze. We lost by 3-1. It was good, considering they had scores against other teams like 9-0 and 5-0. My teammates were telling me how they suspected them of having unregistered people playing for them because after the match this player took off the jersey and changed it with another girl. Bloody hell, change in front of everyone already bad enough, still do it on the field, and even more, do it so obvious that you're not of the registered five!
I should have just cut off her sports bra's strap when I had the chance. She's lucky I don't have scissors as hands like Edward Scissorhands. At first I didn't know what was going on but my teammates told me and Xin Yi and I decided to go complain. Something I'm good at. Lol. So we went to the control booth and the woman told us to look for the event's organiser called Ms Tay or whatever who was down on the field. We trudged down towards her and proceeded to tell her about it. She said she'd look into it and after we walked away she called us and when we ran back, and guess what. That team's coach is her good friend can.
She was saying what she only sent in 2 teams of 5 players. Shut up la. I think I saw her in contact rugby photos before.
Anyway, we were in for Shield semi finals and we beat another Temasek team by 3-2 but we lost in the finals by 6-3 to Raffles. I let in like 2 of the tries. That girl can curve and sidestep like crazy. She always try to bluff through me can. I tried to reach to touch her but being too late by a fraction of a second. Bloody hell. I know I tried my best that day. My blood blisters can account for it. Everytime I get them I know I've overrun to my limit and overexert already. That time got this blood blister under my nail that it rotted and took like 1 month to drop off and grow a new one. Anyway, I felt that the two times I leaped to touch her I pulled something in my thigh.
I say something because I seriously don't know what I pulled. It felt like muscle tearing but it doesn't feel pain, but it felt like the blood vessels in my muscle getting torn as well. Anyway it just feels wierd. And that stupid blood blister on my feet is like the biggest I've ever gotten. All in all, I've counted and I think I scored around 10 tries yesterday and I guess I couldn't have done it without my team.
The juniors bought a fruit cake which was really nice of them and Xinyi wrote on postcards to all of us, although her post card to me was quite annoying, haha, but it's her psychotic self. She was like smiling all the time during the matches! I think one thing good about their team is that they don't really put too much stress on themselves. Xinyi's team fought against Yani's team in semi finals for Vase and they won, but losing to Raffles in the finals. Funny thing was that the people announced wrongly, that they won la. Then I thought maybe my team also got that chance for the trophy but dammit.
Ming Jiao's team won the Bowl category so congrats to them!
Xinyi lost her Aeroball and I couldn't find it. It was a feeling of nostalgia when exactly last year stupid JJ people stole our balls and we looked for it in the whole stadium.
After leaving Yio Chu Kang stadium, those who didn't have their bfs there or were erm, single, went for dinner. Again, KB was there, Zhi Hao was there, YOU were where!? No tuition huh, I could have stayed home to study last Monday to rest and study but I went to support you during the SR match! HMPH. Hee. I love making Tony feel guilty!
We went to Causeway Point for dinner and my stupid fried hokkien noodles took damn long. Everytime I took out a tray from below to put on the table to hold my plate after they cooked my share, 3 people stole it! My legs were damn tired and the man cooking outside gave me quite a sympathetic look because after 15mins my lips started pouting out unintentionally.
OH! We went to the UK Fun Fair and Skeen, Peiling, Shikin, Yani and I were debating on which ride to sit. We chose the cheaper TriStar one which required $5. Bloody hell, they say what, 2 tokens sound like quite cheap but they actually want to cheat you of your money! It was so horrible that place. The lights were flashing like mad with techno music blasting out from speakers taller than me, although I'm quite short, but whatever okay. Shikin was saying she liked the lights but all I could think of was, they must use up a lot of electricity and it equals to burning of more fossil fuels leading to more CO2 being emitted into our atmosphere adding on the stupid greenhouse effect that results in global warming.
Hey global warning! Has anyone noticed that the past few days it has been like freaking hot. It can get to 34 degrees celcius in my living room you know! Sweltering hotness please!
Well, we sat on the Tristar thing which was fun because at the start it was just spinning round and round but then it suddenly spun up to quite a high height and both of Peiling and I started screaming for the fun of it. We were quite scared because the thing was damn loose and most of the time I was screaming that I didn't want to die and howling at the half moon and gripping the handle so tightly against my hip like a mad pig being kiapped on grills and kebab. After that when the thing slowed down I could really feel that I was starting to get dizzy. The ride was damn long though. I was like asking Peiling after a while why was the ride so long, but it made my $5 worth it?
I couldn't walk properly after getting down and so did skeen and shikin. It was quite funny. We wanted to take a photo of the Euro Fun Fair banner behind us and just nice Peiling's friend walked past, when I said just nice it's really just nice because we were just saying to ask someone to take all of us when he walked past and she just said, hey __duno who__, help us take photo! Shikin specified she wanted the euro fun fair word behind us but he took wrongly. I was like saying whats with the fun fair word only when he faster walked away after taking that one pathetic photo..
Anyway, I think its really sad that I have to stop training but at the same time I've got the feeling of YAY at last, no more training! Also, Coach Saudi officially invited Debbie, Sam, Xinyi and I to play for SRC's contact team. I will go after my As are over. I haven't been studying much this past week and I'm starting to get really worried. OHMYGOD.
I love my team. Although we started out as 17 to the 6 now and finally to 24, well, it's been a long but at the same time short journey. I'll really miss training with you girls and I hope you'll have fun with your new coach and of course veronica too. LOL.
RUGBY LIVES FOREVER =D
Alright, shall end here, really long post. BYE!