Saturday, January 07, 2012

At Crossroads.

So I applied for a teaching post with MOE last November and I got a teaching offer.

I chose to teach at a Primary school, but MOE decided to post me to teach at a Secondary school with English Language and Chemistry as my 2 teaching subjects.

HUH -_-"

Number one, my Chemistry at 'O' Levels sucked but I think they gave me this subject because I got an A for Chem at 'A' Levels...

BUT I don't want to teach in a Secondary school!

I know the starting pay for teachers is good, but I still have to undergo another year of PGDE studies at NIE before becoming a teacher.

And I have to get bonded with MOE for 3 years.

So I went for the appointment briefing but didn't sign anything. I think the lady was surprised because most of the people signed on then and there.

Sometimes, I think to myself, do I really want to be called a teacher?!

"It's a noble profession...", blah blah blah...

But I've never had much teachers to look up to in my life. 
Maybe besides my Chem tutors and Mr Tan (art teacher <3)...

And I've always felt like it's a shitty job. Have to deal with annoying students who think they're better than you...etc...teenage drama...
I'll admit, I might have acted like that too, but you know.

Especially, with all the kids being so spoilt nowadays...

I'd rather teach in a Primary school, because they're more afraid of you I guess.
Maybe workload not that much too.
CCAs not so important that during holidays I have to go back that often (HAHAHA).

And I think I can get along with kids well.
Although, I hate kids but people always tell me I can get along with them.
And I enjoy teaching them things (when they're willing to listen).
I mean, they're at that age where they're easily influenced and taught about stuff.

I can teach them all my anti-shark-finning thing and stuff.

I guess some kids are cute, as long as they're not attention-seeking all the time.

I'd rather teach at my primary school too, because it's an all girls' school (no boisterous boys), and I think they're generally better behaved.

So, I guess if I don't get my transfer approved, I might not go into teaching.

Sigh.

What should I do with my future???

Have to start finding jobs soon.

Oh no, another semester and I won't be called a "student" anymore.

Have to wake up early, sleep early, do work at night, sit at office whole day (for most jobs), maybe get fatter because no time to exercise (not that I'm exercising much now), no time to play with Scabbers, watch my shows, do my Art.

ARGHHHHHHHHH.

HOW!?